Monday, April 18, 2022

Ben turns 10!

On Saturday, April 16, we celebrated Ben's 10th birthday.  I love to reminisce, especially when it comes to my boys.  I like retelling them their birth stories and memories of them over the years.  It makes us all smile.

Welcome to our world little one.
my sweet baby boy

Asleep on his birthday eve.  
I have always taken a photo of them sleeping on the night before their birthday.

He was up at 5:00 a.m. on his birthday morning bursting with excitement. He first opened gifts from family.

Next we took a few traditional birthday photos.
I have used that easel board for every birthday and first and last day of school.  It is so sentimental now that I don't think I will ever be able to part with it.

Ben 10!


a family photo
 
photo with mom and dad
 
David and Ben

me and my sweet boy

brothers
 
We had our traditional number banana pancakes for breakfast.

Cruz made him a #10 out of Lego for table decoration.  He has done that for many years now.

Shortly after breakfast, friends arrived for a fun birthday outing.  Here they are loaded up and ready to go to Sky Zone in Guatemala City.  

He wanted a Sky Zone party back in 2020 but Covid cancelled that.  Two years later, he finally got his wish.

Waiting for the Jarvis kids to arrive so we could go in.

Everyone ready to jump.

They had two hours to play.
.
 

 





We then had a pizza lunch.


Opening his gift from the Jarvis family.


sweet friends

silly friends

We returned home and he opened gifts from the two Contreras families.


Next up was cake.


I love these smiles as the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to him.
 

 They spent the rest of the afternoon playing at our house. 

That evening before bed we did another family tradition of ours.  We always spend some time telling the birthday person things we love about them and then praying over them.  It is such a special time and I hope my boys will have fond memories of it one day.  Look at that smile on Ben's face!  Do you think he was enjoying what he was hearing?  You bet!

Here is a look back at his birthday over the years-
 
the birthday boy

family birthday photos with Ben
 
I love celebrating my boys!  I want them to know that they are loved fiercely. But, more importantly, I want them to know that God loves them more than we ever could, and that He created them with a purpose and a plan.  Pray that Ben would draw closer to God this next year.  Pray that he would grow in his Christian walk.  Pray that he would have a passion to read God's Word and understand it.  Pray also that he would seek God first for direction in his little life.

 
I love this song!
Pray that his light would shine and that others would see Jesus in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails