Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

First of all, how do you like the new blog look?  It got a little makeover during the weekend and I love it.   I was way overdue for a new design and I think this one is fresh and fun.  Kelsey at Kreated by Kelsey did all the work for me.  She was great to work with!  It was a Mother's Day gift to myself that I will enjoy for a while.

We began our weekend with a trip up the mountain to lead Bible study in the village of Lagunetas on Saturday morning.  Here are me and the boys in the car on the way there. 


me and my silly boys

I took this video on the way back down the mountain to show a little of the scenery we get to see each week.  It's beautiful!  This particular week though we got to see it twice.  Just before reaching the bottom of the mountain the family called to say that David had left his Bible bag there.  That meant we had to turn around and drive all the way back up and then down again.  Needless to say I enjoyed it a lot more the first time. ha

That afternoon the boys bought me roses for Mother's Day.  Here they are giving them to me.

I love flowers!

We spent the rest of the day and evening at home not doing much of anything.

The boys played hard all afternoon long.  Here they are dressed  as Spiderman.  Have I mentioned lately just how much they love costumes?  Even in this heat they wear one almost daily.

I cooked supper and made this delicious Coconut Custard Pie.  It's a new recipe I found recently and it's the second time I have made it.  Needless to say, we like it!  I wasn't making it for guests so I didn't worry about making the crust look pretty.  (as you can tell)

Mother's Day morning was festive.  I found balloons, streamers, and cards waiting for me when I walked into the kitchen.  We had heart shaped blueberry pancakes with bacon for breakfast.  It's my favorite breakfast meal!

our dining room on Mother's Day morning

my seat at the table

my Mother's Day breakfast

Cruz giving me the card he made while Ben took our picture

He had drawn the pictures in school and then colored them on his own.  It came from a craft in our Abeka Art for K5 book.  It is a beautiful keepsake for me.

Each year the boys do a questionnaire for me on Mother's Day.  Here are their responses this year.  It blessed my heart to see so many answers that revolved around school. 
Cruz's answers written by David.  I think I need to bring David in on our handwriting lessons.  Oh my! ha  I love Cruz's answer about my job but if I could go anywhere in the world with him I promise you it would not be the grocery store!!!  He obviously enjoys it a lot more than I do.

Ben's sweet answers. 

me and my precious boys on Mother's Day morning

I never knew I could love so much until I had these two little boys.  They are truly gifts from God.

David taught Bible study in the village of Nearar that morning and afterwards we ate lunch at the restaurant next door.  I love their grilled chicken alfredo.  


Mother's Day lunch

After an afternoon nap we spent some time next door at the pool with some friends.

Those same friends joined us that evening for another visit to the circus.  That was a fun thing to do on Mother's Day.

me and my boys enjoying the circus on Mother's Day night

I LOVE being a mom and I am so thankful God allowed me the opportunity to experience it.  Raising these two boys brings me overflowing joy.  They are precious to my heart and soul! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails