Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Legoland Florida

Our boys have wanted to visit Legoland for several years now.  Cruz started asking when he was around 5 and got his first Lego set for Christmas. He has been obsessed with Legos ever since.  On every trip we have made back to the States he has asked to go to the park.  We have just not been able to make that happen.

When I found out that our whole family would be attending a recent work trip in Orlando I knew we could not pass up the chance to take them.  I am so glad it worked out for us to go.  We had an amazing time!!!

As I started to plan, I was thrilled to find out that Legoland offers homeschool discounts.  Several times throughout the year they offer deeply discounted tickets to homeschool families.  We went on one of those days.  The crowds were low and the park never felt crowded.  We walked on to just about every ride and several rides we rode back to back without even getting off.

I mentioned in my last post that we stayed at the Legoland Hotel.  It is just steps from the park entrance.  After breakfast we walked right over and began our fun day.

Welcome to Legoland Florida!!!
Can you spot David in the background?

It was a little drizzly when the park opened but it soon cleared up and turned into a beautiful day.


Land of Adventure








Coastersaurus is a wooden roller coaster and probably my favorite ride of all.

The boys loved this ride.  It is a virtual reality coaster. It made me a little dizzy to ride it with the mask on so the next few times I rode it was without the VR mask.










new swords









We all loved Pirates' Cove Live Water Ski Show.  They warn you that the first five rows get wet so David and I sat up top while the boys sat on the front row.





The girl here that was leading the show was the same girl that led the kid's activities the night before at the hotel.  The boys felt like they knew her.






















This was the boys favorite ride.  They got soaked and loved it!



We took these pictures next and you can still see how wet they were.






We walked through Miniland USA to see all of the amazing Lego creations.  I think I read that there are over 32 million Lego bricks in that area alone.









We made a few stops at the gift shops before the park closed.


I made a lot of steps that day but each one was worth it.

I am so thankful that I got to experience this day with my boys.  It is a day I am certain they will always remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails