Friday, December 15, 2023

Thanksgiving 2023

David and the boys spent Thanksgiving week in Quetzaltenango (Xela) visiting with our IMB mission family.  We had plans to go as a family, but my dad passed away on November 20, so I flew to the States for his funeral. Here is a look at how David and the boys spent their time there.

They dropped me off at the airport on Tuesday mid-morning and then made the drive to Quetzaltenango later that day.  Cruz knows I love sunsets so he took a few photos and videos and sent them to me from their drive.
 

beautiful volcano view

I love that he saw a sunset and thought of his mama!!

David sent me this photo the next morning.  It was the view from their Airbnb.  That's a volcano in the distance.

They spent Thanksgiving Day with our IMB mission family and a few other friends that live in the area.  Here are a few photos of their meal and time together-





Cruz and Luke
best buds
 
 That evening they gathered at the Stones for leftovers, games, and more fellowship.

I love having more MK's in our mission family.
 

I had Thanksgiving Day lunch with David's family and spent the evening with my mom. In spite of missing David and the boys, and my dad's funeral being the next day, I had a good Thanksgiving Day.
 
David and the boys stayed in Xela a few days.  While there they were able to squeezed in some fun outings with our mission family. 

They went to a trampoline park with the Robertsons.

Timothy and Ben

sweet little Luke

They went bowling with Gary.



They also went swimming at a hot spring. 

It was a fun outing with the Stones.

 
the boys with Lindsay

Here are some more random photos they took-




lunch with the Stones 


another meal with the Stones

my three guys
(I was missing them so bad!)


It was our first holiday to be apart.  It was difficult, but we all made the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails