Monday, April 13, 2020

Easter 2020

Easter morning came early for us.  We had camped out in the backyard the night before. When the sun rose, so did we.

  The boys were surprised to step out of the tent and see the yard sprinkled with plastic eggs. 


They wasted no time grabbing a plastic sack and getting busy picking them up.  Several had surprises in them so they were very motivated.

Afterwards, I got busy making breakfast.  Here is our table before we ate.

For many years now I have made these empty tomb pancakes on Easter morning.  They go great with our last Resurrection Egg study.



After breakfast I sent the boys on a scavenger hunt to find their Easter treats.  Here is Cruz reading a clue.

Ben reading the final clue. 

They found their treats on their school desks.  They were excited! 

We then got dressed and took some family photos-

Happy Easter, y'all!






The boys asked if we could watch church in the tent.  As you can see, that is what we did.  What a fun memory.

I had done most of my prep cooking for lunch ahead of time.  I had it all in the oven in time for church.  On my last trip to the grocery store I found this turkey in the freezer section.  I was so excited!  I normally cook a turkey on Christmas Day and Easter.  I did not expect to get to do that this year, but thankfully we were able to keep the tradition.  During lunch Cruz said,  "From now on if anyone asks me what my favorite holiday is, I am going to tell them it's any holiday that has turkey."  He was more excited about getting to eat it than I was.

I did not take a single picture of our meal.  We had the turkey along with a carrot souffle, English peas, macaroni and cheese, deviled eggs, rolls, chocolate chess pie, and sweet tea.  It was delicious!

We spent the rest of the day resting and watching the boys play.  They got some water balloons for Easter so they filled those and had a war.  Then they just cooled off in the water hose.


 I could not help but laugh.

We hope you had a great day as well. It might have looked a little different for everyone, but the reason for the celebration was the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails