Saturday, September 1, 2018

Team Time and More

Good Saturday morning everyone! I, for one, am glad it has arrived.  With the exception of catching up on laundry and cooking I do not have plans to do much else today.  We have had a busy week around here and I am ready to relax.  Is it even possible to relax with two busy boys?  I sure plan to try. 

the boys playing with a friend before church last Sunday morning 

Last Sunday morning we drove up the mountain and led Bible study in Nearar.  When church was over we drove the hour back home, heated up leftovers for lunch, loaded our car, and then made the four hour drive into Guatemala City.  It was a long day.

We went in for a team meeting that took place the first part of the week.  Our leader was flying in from Mexico to meet with all of us.  Our days and nights were filled with times of sharing (both as individual families and as a group), fellowship, prayer, encouragement, and many fun meals around the table.

our family with the Thomas family, the Stones, and Anthony


Cruz loved the big chair that the restaurant had.

On Tuesday the Frye family joined us for meetings and lunch.  They are a sweet family and our boys especially loved having the other little ones around.

I had the boys doing school each morning while we were there.  After we finished our lessons on Wednesday we drove back home to Chiquimula.  It had been a great few days there.  We left feeling encouraged and excited about the days ahead.

We were back in Muyurco on Thursday afternoon for Bible study.  I had a great turnout for my kids class.  Last week we had finished up a study on the life of Joseph and we began studying Moses this week.  I first told the story to them and then read it from my lesson.  Afterwards I attempted to act out the story.  I could not get any volunteers to help me.  Cruz ended up being Pharaoh.  I acted out the parts of Moses' mother, his sister Miriam, and Pharaoh's daughter.  I do not think I have ever seen the kids laugh so much.  I think they will remember that lesson well.

We were invited to stop by the church in Nearar on the way home to enjoy some fresh corn they had boiled.  We love the fresh corn!  We all got tickled watching Cruz trying to eat it.  He currently has no front teeth so it was a challenge for him.  We had some really great fellowship while there.

 I snapped this photo as we were driving back down the mountain.  What a beautiful view we had!

We finished up our school week on Friday.  After lunch I spent most of the afternoon writing and preparing my lessons for the upcoming week.  Later that afternoon we headed out to our local grocery store to pick up a few groceries and team supplies.  We have a volunteer team arriving this Sunday evening from South Carolina.  We picked up a pizza and headed home for our weekly Friday night movie night.  It is our favorite night of the week.  This week the boys chose to watch Home Alone 4.

We will be in Nearar this Sunday morning for worship and then will wait for our team to arrive later that day.  Pray for a great week ahead with them.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.  I'm off for another refill.

1 comment:

  1. That picture with the corn is priceless! Bless your family! XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails