Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Good Times

Here is a look at a few things we have done over the past week.

We spent Halloween night with my mom, brother, and Mr. Thurman.  We went in the late afternoon to let the boys play while we visited.  My brother helped them cut out their pumpkins and also took them around to a few houses to get candy.   The boys have enjoyed getting to spend time with him and get to know him some. 

the boys with their pumpkins they picked out at the pumpkin patch




Ben loved cleaning out the pumpkin but Cruz did not.  He was grossed out by the way it felt.  He said "I wish I had a robot to clean my pumpkin for me".  Ben replied in the sweetest voice "I'll be your robot, Cruz".  It was precious and he did end up cleaning both pumpkins.

Mimi and the boys

We ate supper at the local Mexican restaurant.

family fun

Later that night we drove to Wesson to a trunk or treat/ carnival the town was hosting.  Here are some photos from there-






It was a fun night for the boys

On Wednesday night we were speaking in Crystal Springs.  We went early and spent a little time visiting with David's grandmother. I took this photo of her and the boys before we left.  The next day she ended up in the hospital after suffering a mild heart attack.  She spent a few days there but is home now.  Please pray that she will recover well.  She is 93 years old.

We spoke that night at County Line Baptist Church.  It was so good to see Bro. Jimmy and Renee again and catch up with them in person.  It was also great to see several of their congregation members that we know.  We had a great time sharing with them about our work in Guatemala.  Bro. Jimmy came down on a team several years ago when we were working with the Kekchi.  We are hoping to have him come back one day and visit our work now. 

a fun night with the Erringtons

On Thursday my friend Malinda treated me to a day out at Mistletoe Marketplace.  It was really fun to have some girl time.  We shopped, ate, laughed, and just had a great time together.  It made me eager for the Christmas season.  I wanted to come home and put my tree up that night.

resting my feet at Mistletoe Marketplace in Jackson

I left David as my sub that day.  I wrote out lesson plans for him to cover with the boys.  He did a great job but the boys thought he worked them too hard.  Cruz said "it was fun, mama, but please don't ever do that again."  I laughed really hard.  Here they are greeting me when I got back home.  It was good to feel missed and loved.

We had a homeschool field trip on Friday afternoon that I'll post about tomorrow.  Saturday was a stay at home and rest day.  I washed clothes, wrote lesson plans, wrote out my weekly menu, bought groceries, and cooked.   Maybe it was just a rest day for the guys.  A moms work is never done, right.

On Sunday we spoke at Sardis Baptist Church in Hazlehurst.  We spoke there on our last furlough and were glad to get invited back to give them a ministry update.  We enjoyed a delicious covered dish luncheon after the service.  Here are David and the boys with the pastor Bro. Billy.

My mom and my two aunts were all there to hear us.  We enjoyed getting to eat together and visit.  We took several family photos while we were all together.








I was proud to see these plates that the boys made in children's church.  They had to write and draw what they are thankful for.  Ben wrote "my mom Regina".  He drew a picture of a little boy with a bloody leg.  He said he wrote me because when he gets hurt I always take care of him.  Cruz wrote "my mom, my dad, my house, toys, food, ham, and my fish".  Those boys make me smile.

We spent the afternoon visiting again with David's grandmother.  We wrapped up the weekend by having supper with the Browns.  What is something I am thankful for?  all of this time with family and friends. We are going to miss these days when we are back in Guatemala.  I am already thinking about how hard it is going to be to say goodbye again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails