Monday, November 30, 2015

Learning To Give Thanks

We have spent a lot of time this month learning about Thanksgiving.  I found several unit study ideas online and picked a few ideas from them.  I printed off several fall/ Thanksgiving themed worksheets to do as well.  It was a fun month of learning and my little guys enjoyed it.

I took all of Cruz's Thanksgiving themed work and put it into a binder as a keepsake.  This is the cover we made for it.

 We spent a lot of time learning about the pilgrims and Indians. 

We watched several you tube videos about the first Thanksgiving but my favorite video is the Charlie Brown one that is on our Charlie Brown Thanksgiving DVD.   It's called "This is America, Charlie Brown:  The Mayflower Voyagers".  We watched it twice.  My boys love it. 

We had a couple of cute crafts to make from our Art Projects K5 Abeka book.  This is our Mayflower ship and pilgrim. 

our pilgrim hats

me and my boys

our Indian and tepee craft

my sweet Ben

my little Indians

our Thanksgiving themed crafts

we had turkey waffles for breakfast one morning

We made these cute handprint turkeys

and we made these turkeys out of empty tissue rolls

my table for Thanksgiving

We learned this song and sang it each day in school.

our schoolroom door for November

I love doing a thankful tree each year.  Here are the things my boys said they were thankful for this year.

I am glad we were able to study the history of Thanksgiving.  I want my boys to know about it and why we celebrate it.  I think we did a great job of getting that started this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails