Thursday, February 7, 2019

My Mom's Visit January 2019

Last week we were blessed with a week-long visit from my mom.  The time passed by way too fast but we had a lot of fun.  We squeezed as much as we could into the week and I think she had a great time.  Here is a look at her visit-

Traveling from the airport to our house in Antigua.  The boys were so excited that she had arrived.  It was really nice to pick her up and be back at our home in about an hour.  No more long road trips.  Hooray!

We spent our mornings doing school.  It was wonderful having extra hands to help out and extra ears to listen to reading.  Here they are doing an art project with modeling clay.  Once we finished school each day we would head out for fun activities around town.

We toured the Museo de Capuchinas.  



 



 
We visited the cross above Antigua.  Cruz talked my mom into hiking up with him.  If you have ever done that then you know it is a little difficult.  My poor mom made it but I do not think she would do it again. lol   Next time she will just ride up with me in the car. 



We visited La Azotea in Jocotenango and toured their coffee farm and music museum.  

Ben and Mimi checking out the coffee beans that were drying in the sun.

walking through the coffee plants

visiting the Central Park in Antigua


me and my mom

 
We enjoyed a lunch meal at Ta'Cool.  Their shrimp tacos are my favorite!

We toured the jade shop.  

After dropping Cruz off at one of his P.E. lessons we drove over to Finca Filadelfia for afternoon coffee and dessert.  It was one of my highlights of the week.

 Enjoying the sunset view from the roof of San Martin.


On Thursday we got pedicures and then enjoyed lunch at Dona Luisa.

Afternoon shopping at the market.  I think we made five trips to the market during the week.  She did a lot of shopping.

watching Ben at soccer practice

Another visit to Finca Filadelfia.  She loved it just as much as I do.

Mimi and Cruz

Mimi and Ben 


exploring town on her last day here

a final photo of everyone

We had such a great time together.  I am so glad she was able to come and hang out with us for the week.  We look forward to the day that she gets to come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails