Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Celebrating the Last Day of School 2017

As I mentioned in my last post, Friday was our last day of the school year.  Just like our first day of the school year I was excited about decorating and making the day extra fun for the boys.  The night before when the boys had fallen asleep I got busy hanging balloons and streamers all over the house for them to see the next morning when they woke up.   That has become a staple on special occasions in our home.



The boys running into the kitchen on Friday morning.  They were so excited!  (and moving so fast my picture was blurry)

They knew we were having banana pancakes but had no idea what they would look like.  They squealed when they saw these "race car" pancakes that went with our race car themed day.  I used nutella for the wheels.  Yummy!



We took several photos before we began our last day of class.







a look back at our first day of school 
August 4, 2016



first day of 1st grade and last day of 1st grade

first day of K4 and last day of K4

I like to do a questionnaire on the first and last day of school.  When I sat down to print one out for Friday I realized that our ink cartridge was empty.  Ugh!  Instead I just wrote the new answers on the same sheet as the first day of school.  I used a red pen for the end of the school year answers.  I was surprised to see that many of their responses had not changed.



Another thing I have them do is draw a picture on the first and last day of school.  Here are their drawings from Friday.
Cruz

Ben

I also have them write their names, the alphabet, and numbers as a comparison to the first of the school year and the middle of the school year.  

For our celebration lunch they chose to eat at McDonald's.   



Later that afternoon they helped me decorate a cake.  I had planned to make green icing for grass and a gray or black road for our race car theme.  Then at the last moment I realized I was out of blue food coloring to mix those colors.  So instead we made a brown road and used green sprinkles for our grass.  Cruz said "mama, that looks like a mountain road."  I thought that was a pretty good comparison to the way the school year had felt at times.  If you have been here and rode the mountains with us you know what I mean.  ha

our end of the school year celebration cake

and we finished the day with a swim

What a fun day to end a great school year.  We had all worked hard to make the school year a success.  We are looking forward to a great summer break before we start back again in early August. I will have a 2nd grader and a kindergartner.  Where has the time gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails