Monday, June 27, 2016

Spending Time With My Mom

My mom took off work last week so I dedicated a lot of my time to spend with her.  We squeezed in several fun things both by ourselves and with the boys.  Here are a few photos from the week-

We had taken the boys to the Science Museum on Monday morning and then my mom cooked supper for us that night.  My Aunt Nita joined us.  We had a fun time eating and visiting.

my mom, me, and my Aunt Nita

She cooked chicken roll-ups, English peas, fresh squash, fresh green beans with potatoes, and sliced tomatoes.  It was delicious!  I baked chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Aunt Nita and the boys

My mom bought the boys water guns so after supper they had a war outside.  The boys worked together and sprayed her.  They loved it!



They also got some more Pop-Its which they love.

On Tuesday we had a mother/ daughter shopping day.  We spent all day together shopping, eating, laughing, and having the best time.  I miss these days when we are gone.

mother/ daughter day

She took me to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.  One of our favorite things there is the tempura fried green beans.  YUM!

That night I joined David and the boys at our local Mexican restaurant.  People think we eat that type of food all the time but we really don't.  Guatemalan food is different from what you get in the American Mexican restaurants.  We miss things like the chips & salsa, enchiladas, and shrimp quesadillas.  We always look forward to eating there on our trips home.

On our way home we spotted a turtle on the side of the road and stopped to see it.  The boys loved holding it and wanted to take it home.

On Wednesday morning we made a visit to the local library.  It was the boys first trip there.  We spent about two hours there reading books and looking around.  My boys are very active but they will sit still and read books any time. 

my boys at the library in Hazlehurst, MS

Cruz at the library

Mimi reading a book to Ben at the library

Cruz has always loved books.

me and Cruz being silly at the library

Afterwards we picked up some McDonald's for lunch and headed to Lake Hazle for a picnic and to feed the ducks.  It was a beautiful day to be outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

Ms. Teresa joined us for our picnic lunch at Lake Hazle

Cruz feeding the ducks at Lake Hazle


Ben kept his distance as he fed the ducks.

My mom brought them more silly string which ended with the boys spraying her and Ms. Teresa.  It was fun to watch them being chased around.

Cruz spraying Mimi with silly string

me, the boys, and Ms Teresa

me and my mom

Cruz and Mimi swinging at the lake



me and my precious boys
My mom had us over for supper again on Thursday night.  We had pizza delivered and I baked one of our favorite desserts Cherry Cheese Coffee Cake to go with it.   It is so delicious! The recipe uses crescent rolls which we cannot get in Guatemala so I don't get to bake it unless we are home.
 Ben took this photo of us eating supper at Mimi's on Thursday night

She planned us a Welcome Home party with family on Saturday night.  That was a lot of fun and I'll share photos from that in another post.  I am so glad for all the time we have had to spend together so far.  It's been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails