Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ben's Two Week Check-Up

On Wednesday Ben had his two week check-up with Dr. Figueroa.  Since I am nursing I was anxious to get him weighed to make sure he was okay with his weight.  I am relieved to know he is growing, and seems very healthy.  He did really good at his appointment.  So far he has been a very easy baby.  He is still in that sleep all the time and only wake up long enough to eat mode.  He really only fusses when he gets hungry and during bath time.  He eats around 8 at night and then will go 5-6 hours before wanting to eat again.  Many nights I have to wake him up to nurse.  That gives me a good couple of hours of sleep, and for that I am thankful.  After that he will go 3-4 hours before he wakes up again.  I usually feed him every 2.5- 3 hours during the day.  He is a great nurser!  Overall he is a happy, content little boy. 
Dressed up and ready to go see the doctor. 
Cruz wore this outfit home from the hospital, and wore the outfit that Ben wore home from the hospital to his two week check-up.  I just swapped them around.

me and my sweet little boy

He was 20 inches long at birth and at two weeks he was measuring 21.25 inches. 

He weighed 7.13 at birth and was 7.12 at his two week check-up. 


Cruz and Ben

Getting checked out by Dr. Figueroa


Daddy and Ben

A few more things I want to remember about him at this age:
*   He has blue eyes
*   He has dark brown hair (and a lot of it)
*   He has a dimple on his left cheek
*   He does not like cold wipes when I change him
*   He is soo snuggly!
*   His has long feet
*   His navel fell off at day 11
*   He can be a lazy eater at times.  He will eat just enough to satisfy and then want to fall back asleep. 
     It can be a challenge to keep him awake to finish a feeding.
*   So far I have been able to eat just about anything I want without it bothering his stomach.  That is a huge
      blessing to a nursing mom!

1 comment:

  1. We've never met. I don't even remember how I came across your blog. But your boys are adorable!!! I've been praying for your family during this adjustment time.

    My family will be in Guatemala around Christmas. If we are near your area, I'd love to hear about the work you do in person!

    Blessings to you!
    Lisa Smith

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails