Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cakes and Snakes

This week we celebrated the 10th birthday of a sweet little boy, Enoc.  He is one of the first kids that we befriended when we moved here.  He visits in our home often, and loves playing with Cruz (and Cruz's toys, haha). 
 I baked him this chocolate cake


When I took his picture with his cake he asked if I would take a photo of him with Cruz.  He really loves him!

We sang and then he blew out his candle's.
We love that God placed these precious kids in our lives!

When he finished eating his cake he asked if he could take a piece home to his mama.  I thought that was so sweet and thoughtful.   I told David that I hope Cruz will grow up to have such a kind heart like that and to think about his mama like that too  :-)

We also took cake to our landlord who had a birthday this week.

In the past few days we have also hosted guests, attended a funeral, attended a two day pastor's conference, drove to Santa Elena to buy groceries, and entertained neighbors.  In addition to that we also went to another circus here in town.  It was much better than our first circus experience.  We really enjoyed the show!  I didn't take any photos though.  At one point during the show they came out with a huge anaconda that they let everyone that wanted to come down and pet.  I was completely freaked out!  I have such a phobia of snakes and I was very relieved that they kept it at a distance from me.  Now all I can think about is that humongous snake that is just right across town, lol.

Today we will be traveling to the town of Poptun with one of the K'ekchi' national missionaries for an overnight trip.  We will be having two services there as well as a baptismal service on Sunday.  Please pray for these services and our safety of travel.  Cruz and I are going.  I am not sure how that is going to work out, but we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails