Saturday, July 19, 2008

More on last nights dinner

"Practice hospitality." Romans 12:13
I love magazines! I always get excited when teams come, because they usually bring me several to read. One of the ladies on one of our last teams brought me several "Taste of Home" magazines. I had forgotten just how much I loved that one. I had a subscription to it when we were in the states. I am not much of a book reader but I will read a cookbook from cover to cover. I have done that with these magazines. I enjoy reading recipes. The only thing is I find several recipes I want to try but you can't always find all of the ingredients here. I have not learned much about substituting ingredients yet. I found a new recipe in one of the magazines and tried it out last night. All of us really enjoyed it so I thought I would share it with you.
Chicken-Broccoli Casserole
2 cups cooked rice
3 cups chopped cooked broccoli
6 cups shredded, cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 can (10 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
3 cups (10 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Heat oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 13x9 dish with cooking spray. Evenly spread out rice in dish. Cover with broccoli. In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, 1 1/2 cups cheese, the sour cream, mayonnaise, juice, salt, and pepper. Pour over broccoli and top with remaining cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 40 min. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails