Monday, September 30, 2024

Life Lately September 2024

  We began the month by hosting a medical mission team from The Church at LifePark in Mt. Pleasant, SC.   We had a fantastic week serving together!

 
Our family enjoying an afternoon coffee break after a day of working in the medical clinic with our team. 

Fall is my favorite season for decorating.  I was eager to get all of my stuff out and on display.  We do not have seasons here like we do in the States, but I decorate for them anyway.  Those beautiful fall colors just make me feel all warm and cozy.  I love fall most of all!

Ben attended a paintball birthday party for his friend Josue. We are very thankful for their sweet friendship.

Dressed and ready for battle!
 
We celebrated Guatemala's Independence Day on the fifteenth.
 
We officially welcomed the English family to our IMB Guatemala mission family on the nineteenth. They finished language school in Mexico and made the transition here to begin full time ministry.  Our whole team is overjoyed to have them here to serve alongside us.  Continue to pray for their adjustment to Guatemalan life and culture. So far they seem to be doing very well.

Our IMB Team Guatemala 
(minus David who was taking the photo)
 
After many months and phone calls, I finally got my dad's veteran plaque placed at the cemetery. His birth date is coming up in October and the one year anniversary of his death will be in November. I am happy to have this completed before those two events.   It was a huge relief and another big step towards closure for me.  
 
“When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure” – Unknown
 
I sure do miss my dad!
 
Homeschool is keeping me busy these days.  High School is not for the faint at heart. lol I do not take near as many school photos as I did in the past, and I miss having those photo memories.   Here are a few I quickly snapped of Cruz doing science experiments.
 
He is enjoying his biology class.  He will usually say it is his favorite subject this year. He loves hands on learning and has done several fun experiments so far.  In this experiment he was testing two different antacids to see which one was more effective at neutralizing acid.

In another experiment one of his steps was to add baking soda to vinegar to help understand carbon dioxide and the greenhouse effect. 
 
Lastly, we ended the month with a weekend trip to Quetzaltenango to visit our Team Guatemala families. We went out to eat with the Stones on Friday night.
 
On Saturday we had our quarterly team meeting.  We met at a local restaurant that had an amazing outdoor space for the kids to run and play.  It was our first meeting with the English family joining us live. We had a great time of discussion and fellowship around the table.  Here is a photo of our whole group. 

Our IMB Team Guatemala
 
Our family in Quetzaltenango
 
That evening we enjoyed delivery pizza, homemade cookies, and some really great college football games.  

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails