Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Mother's Day 2024

Mother's Day in Guatemala falls on May 10 each year.  This year it was on a Friday.  We try to do something on Guatemala Mother's Day and the U.S. Mother's Day.  That meant a whole weekend of celebration for me.   

We had a normal school day on Friday.  I got these beautiful roses.  That evening we ordered pizza and ate outside on our patio.

After supper we walked down to our mall, Plaza Telares, and had coffee and dessert.

On Saturday morning we drove up the mountain to El Hato to visit Antigua Boreal.


These flowers were at the entrance.  They are one of my favorites!

celebrating Mother's Day with my boys



Antigua Boreal is known for two things- their giant slide and their deep dish pizza.  We wanted to try out both.

me and the boys took a turn on the slide






It was so much fun!!!

Next, we had a pizza lunch.  Look at all that cheese!!

One last photo before we left.
 
 
Here's a YouTube video that includes footage of us going down the slide.
 
That evening we lit our fire pit, cooked hotdogs, and tossed the football in the front yard. We ended the night playing Skip Bo.

Saturday night dessert- delicious cupcakes from San Martin bakery.

On Sunday morning I had homemade cards, wind chimes, a giant Hershey bar, and a new coffee cup waiting for me on the table.

San Martin is a local restaurant chain/ bakery.  They offer different coffee cup patterns all throughout the year. I love collecting them!  This was one of their Mother's Day patterns this year.  I love it!

ready to eat

For breakfast we had scrambled eggs, grits, biscuits, and bacon.

We took a few photos before we left for church.




After church we enjoyed lunch at Pasta Nostra in town.
 
The rest of the day was spent lounging around. It was a great way to end a wonderful celebration weekend. 

I shared this poem on a Facebook post- 
“Motherhood is messy.
And challenging.
And crazy.
And sleepless.
And giving.
And still unbelievably beautiful.”
-Rachel Martin 
 
I think it sums it up perfectly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails