Wednesday, February 28, 2024

My Birthday 2024

My birthday is February 25.  This year, like many years in the past, it fell during the annual Intermissions Conference.  I woke up in Panajachel, Guatemala seeing gorgeous views of Lake Atitlan.  I was surrounded by precious missionary friends who gave me many hugs and birthday wishes.  I was serenaded many times with the "Happy Birthday" song, and one of those times was on the marimba.  I had delicious buffet meals for breakfast and lunch.  A highlight was a fantastic time of worship and preaching.  If it had ended there, it would have been a perfect day.  But, when the conference was over, we drove back home to another beautiful location, Antigua, Guatemala.  I ended the day walking around our beautiful streets and enjoying a supper meal at Hector's Bistro.

Happy birthday to me!

My guys had me cookies from San Martin bakery, a homemade card, and a new set of sheets. 

 The hotel staff sang to me at breakfast and at lunch and brought me cake both times.


 
 
Here they are singing to me at breakfast. 

a photo with the Stones

Strolling through the streets of Antigua later that evening.

It is Lent season so our town is extra busy these days.

There was a processional passing through later that evening and the sawdust carpets were already being made for it.

A sunset view of Fuego and Acatenango volcanoes from the rooftop of Hector's Bistro, which is where I chose to eat at for my birthday supper.

My current favorite meal in town- skillet steak, veggies, and fries.  It is delicious!!

 I ended the meal with my most favorite dessert of all- crème brulée. 

It really was a perfect day.  I felt loved and celebrated all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails