Monday, May 23, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

My Mother's Day celebration was spread out over several days this year.  My guys pampered me well and made me feel very special and loved.        

It began with a Friday afternoon pedicure.  It was part Mother's Day and part Teacher Appreciation gift. It was a very quiet and relaxing way to start the weekend.
 
That evening we went into town for a free concert at the beautiful Capuchinas ruins. We met friends and enjoyed walking around town together.

On Saturday morning I attended a Mother's Day event at Iglesia Del Camino in town.  It was a fun time of worship, Bible study, and fellowship. 

The served delicious tamales and coffee and gave everyone a sweet gift at the end.

I returned home to bake my Mother's Day dessert.   I love coconut chess pie so I baked one for myself. 

David and Cruz came home from town with these beautiful roses.  Flowers are very inexpensive here so I always get them for special occasions.

This was my first time to get this color rose.  It was the prettiest lilac I have ever seen.  Purple is my favorite color so these brought me great joy.

That evening we built our first fire in our fire pit.  We cooked hot dogs and marshmallows.  
 


What a relaxing evening.

On Sunday morning I found this waiting for me at the table.  I love decorating for special occasions.  My helium tank had run out before we left for the States last summer.  They bought me a new one for Mother's Day.  I also got a new coffee mug and some homemade cards. 

We had banana pancakes and bacon for breakfast.


A few pictures before church.



After church we went out to eat Italian for lunch.

Mother's Day lunch
 
That afternoon we attended an outreach service at the Baptist church in Parramos and then an evening worship service.  It was a full day but a most enjoyable one.

Mother's Day in Guatemala falls on May 10.  Most years that means we celebrate twice. For my Guatemala Mother's Day breakfast I had typical Guatemalan meal.

eggs and black beans
 
We spent the rest of the day doing school and our normal routine.  It wrapped up a wonderful few days of celebration.

I am very thankful that God allowed me the privilege of being a mom. It is something that I am definitely passionate about. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails