Sunday, October 10, 2021

Random September Moments 2021

We had a full schedule of speaking engagements during the month of September.  We were in seven different churches sharing about our family, our work, and the IMB.  We promoted the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and raised prayer support for Guatemala.  We took a long road trip to Alto, GA, Newnan, GA, and Wetumpka,AL to visit ministry partners.  We were also busy with homeschool.  In addition to all of this, here are some miscellaneous photos of things we did this past month.

It is my favorite time of the year and also my favorite baking season.  I made my first batch of chocolate chip pumpkin bread recently.  It made my little crew very happy.

We have enjoyed our pet turtle, Luke, but decided to set him loose.  We were a little sad but, at the same time, happy to return him to his natural environment.

the boys with their Mimi

They like visiting my brother's house and seeing all of his animals.  The goats are their favorite.

Ben picking me a flower.

feeding the ducks at Lake Hazle

We made this fall cake for a recent family gathering.

It has not cooled off much but we have had a few cooler evenings.  We built our first outdoor fire and roasted marshmallows.  We enjoy sitting outside and watching the beautiful sunsets that we have been having.

enjoying the fire

We had Sunday lunch with David's sister and she took our picture on her porch.  She always has the prettiest decorations out for the holidays.

Tennis is our current favorite activity.   Many evenings after supper we drive over to the courts and spend at least an hour playing together.  We are definitely amateurs but we sure have fun trying.

We met my dad for supper one evening at Dump's BBQ in Wesson.  It was our first time to eat there and it was delicious. Afterwards, we walked over to the park and let the boys play while we visited.

On a recent shopping trip, I picked up this pack of paper plates.  When I returned home I noticed the quantity was listed as 64 count.  I thought that was the oddest number to package something.  Anyone else think that is quirky?

One of the highlights of Ben's month is going to the dentist and picking out a new rubberband color.  It brings him much joy.  His teeth are moving nicely into place.  He will have x-rays done at his next visit to see if his permanent teeth are coming in.  This round of braces for him was short term and just to  move his teeth to make room for his permanent teeth.  He should have them off before we return to Guatemala.

Any other footfall fans reading?  We love spending our Saturdays on the couch watching SEC games.  I make a list of all the games, times, and channels, and we watch all day and night.  

A former missionary friend was traveling recently and sent me this photo she took while in Texas.  I showed it to Ben and it made him smile.

We ended the month speaking to the 1st- 6th graders at FBC Summit, MS. 

Cruz did a wonderful job sharing about Guatemala and doing Q&A. He loves doing the presentation and we feel that it is much more impactful coming from him than us. 




I had the joy of sharing with the 1st- 4th grade GA girls.  I grew up going to GA on Wednesday nights so this type of sharing is extra special to me.  


Our family with the Spanglers.  Trey is the children's minister at FBC Summit.  He was one of our former youth ministry students. It makes our hearts happy to see him serving the Lord in ministry. Every Stateside Assignment we have had he has invited us to speak wherever he was serving.  We always look forward to time with his family.

Thanks for reading and keeping up with our family even while we are in the States.  We are enjoying these days so much!!  Our time here is passing quickly and it is starting to make my heart sad.  I am going to miss all this fun when we return to the field.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails