Sunday, February 28, 2021

Forty-nine!

My birthday is February 25.  Each year it falls around the same time as the yearly Intermissions Conference that is held in Panajachel.  I always consider that weekend trip as my birthday outing.  This year the conference was cancelled due to Covid.  I considered going to Pana anyway but decided to do something different this year.  

I absolutely loved our Christmas outing to Guatemala City and really wanted to repeat that whole trip again for my birthday.  It was so much fun the first time so why not try it again.  Here is a look at my day-

The boys had the house decorated with balloons and streamers for me to see when I got up on my birthday morning.  Ben decided for us to eat at "our big table" so they decorated that room also.  

my place setting

Cruz made this "49" out of Legos and had it sitting on the table as decoration.  I loved it!


My card from Cruz

My card from Ben
 

my kitchen decorated

Cruz made banana pancakes for breakfast 

birthday breakfast 

me and the boys on my birthday

 After breakfast we drove into Guatemala City.  Our first stop was at Planet Bowl.  We got there when it opened and had the whole place to ourselves. 
 

 
 We love bowling!

Planet Bowl in Guatemala City

Next we walked next door to Miraflores Mall for lunch at the food court.  I chose Pizza Hut.  Pizza is one of my favorite foods!

Ben loves orange chicken as you can see from this big grin.

We then spent some time at the outdoor park at the mall.  It was such a beautiful day for sitting outside.

The boys rode the scooters 

and we sat and drank coffee. 

Next was my favorite thing.  We checked in to the same Airbnb we stayed at back in December.  It's in a high-rise apartment building on the 15th floor.  I love the views of the city from the balcony and windows!!!  

We had birthday cake and then I took an afternoon nap.  It was a treat!

That evening we ate supper at TGI Friday's.  It has always been one of my favorite places to go in the city.
 
We spent the rest of the evening sitting on the rooftop soaking in the beautiful night views.  What a great way to end the day.

 
We spent the next day running errands and picking up some supplies.  I had to renew my Guatemala driver's license (they expired on my birthday) and I also had a doctor appointment to finish up my required (for now) medical exams for stateside.   It was a busy day but still fun.

I had an amazing birthday.  My guys made sure it was filled with all the things I love.  They sure know how to spoil a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails