Thursday, April 30, 2020

Our 24th Wedding Anniversary

On April 27th, we celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary. 

 Here we are on our wedding day.

This is the first year we have not traveled somewhere to celebrate.  I have always enjoyed planning our anniversary getaways.  We have made some great memories over the years.   Because of the Corona Virus we could not travel this year.  I was a little bummed about it.  Instead, we had a quiet, simple day at home.  

We started the day with a pancake breakfast.  

24 and counting!  

an anniversary photo taken by Cruz in our front yard 

The boys and I had a normal school day and then we all spent the afternoon lounging around.

Our evening meal was the highlight of our day.  One of our favorite places to eat is Pappy's BBQ.  They are currently open for delivery or pickup so we got to enjoy some delicious pulled pork sandwiches for supper.   It was so good!!  If you have visited us since we moved to Antigua we have most likely taken you there to eat.  I am so glad I did not have to cook on my anniversary and that I got to eat one of my favorite things.

Our current favorite cake is this blueberry sour creme coffee cake.  I made one to enjoy for our dessert.  

David surprised me with this giant Hershey bar.  Like pancakes, these are also becoming a special occasion staple in our house.  Everybody loves chocolate!

We ended the day watching our wedding ceremony with the boys.  They laughed a lot and asked a lot of questions.  It was fun to experience it through their eyes.

and here we were off to conquer the world. 


A video from our special day.  

The past 24 years have been a fun adventure.  The Lord has blessed us greatly over the years.  We are thankful for His hand on our lives and we look forward to many more years of serving Him together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails