Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

Our homeschool conference ended on Saturday, May 11 and we flew from Virginia to Mississippi to spend a few weeks with family before returning to Guatemala.  We arrived just in time for Mother's Day and were excited to get to spend it in the States this year. We have only been in the States for Mother's Day twice in the past twelve years.  I was glad it worked out for us to be there this year considering that David's mom is sick. 

me and my boys on Mother's Day morning
There is not much that brings me more joy than getting to be their mom.

homemade cards, cinnamon rolls, and coffee

We went to church with my mom at Shady Grove Baptist.  The boys got to help pass out roses to all the moms in attendance. 

me and my mom

Mimi and the boys




We joined David's family for lunch at his grandmother's house. 

David and the boys with his mom

Memaw and the boys

David's mom with all the grandkids

David's sister, mom, nieces, and nephew
Please continue to pray for his mom, Linda, and the battle she is facing with her health.

That night before bedtime Ben pulled his first tooth.  He was so excited!  It was a fun way to end the day although it was a sad reminder that my boys are growing up fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails