Saturday, October 20, 2012

Visiting the Nursing Home

On Thursday morning we visited the nursing home in Hazlehurst where my mom works.  We visit it every year when we come home.  She talks to the residents about the boys all throughout the year and they look forward to seeing them in person.  Cruz was a little shy at first but soon warmed up.  I think it made the residents happy to get to see them and hug on them. 
Ruth (my moms work friend), Ben, Cruz, me, and my mom

We love visiting with Nannie Harper.  She is a sweet little lady!

Cruz loved "helping" her get around.  He pushed every wheel chair that he could get his hands on.

on the move

He took off down the hall with this nurse helping her with that chair.

After our visit we stopped by the local Co-Op on our way home.  My mom and Aunt Nita want to get Cruz a pair of John Deere boots for Christmas and we needed to try a few pair on him to see what size to get.  He got so excited and did not want to take them off.  He is going to love them!
Outside of the store they had several rocking chairs for sale.  Cruz has enjoyed rocking chairs a lot while we have been home.  I took a few photos of some of them and am thinking we might need to find someone in Guatemala to make the boys one.   We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails