Friday, July 3, 2009

Lately...

This is a photo of a rainbow that was over our house the other day. We are in full-swing rainy season. It is raining every day! We sure enjoyed this sight! We made packets of gospel tracts & a few other things to hand out to the pastor's in Sayaxche' when we attended their monthly meeting on Wednesday.
There were over 50 pastor's, missionaries, & leaders in attendance.
David handing out their stuff.
We attended the day session and then went back for the evening service. There was one public profession of faith made. It was a young guy. The pastor asked David to come down and pray with him at the close of the service. (The photo is not very clear because I cut the flash off to keep from being a distraction. )
We stayed overnight at the Hotel Guayacan there in Sayaxche'. We were late returning after the service. They have a small parking garage. It was full when we returned. They had one spot left for our truck since they knew we were coming back, but it was right inside of the gate- blocking all of the other cars. We knew what that meant!!! We set our clock for 6:00 so David could get up and move our truck out before the others were ready to leave. WELL, they get up earlier than that around here! ha At 5:10 A.M. we heard a knock at our door. David got up, moved our truck, and then came back to get me up. He wanted me to walk outside and see the BEAUTIFUL sunrise view over the river. We never get to see a sunrise so we were kinda thankful to be forced out of bed or we would have missed these views-----

not a bad way to start the day, huh.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog.
    How I miss Guatemala. I want to retire there and be a missionary the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow beautiful!! we adopted our lil Brody form Guatemala. Beautiful contry with beautiful people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos are just breathtaking. It's as if you can actually see God in the beauty of it all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For whatever reason, my computer won't show me these photos yet....I'll be checking back in soon though!

    My cousins families were missionaries, one in PNG,the other in Peru. It was great growing up with their stories.

    Thanks for visiting Praise and Coffee and enjoying my post. Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful rainbow and such a beautiful sunrise. My grandparents have went on several missions trips to Guatemala and I have a cousin who was adopted from there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog!! I always get so excited to see others who are working in Guatemala! Me and my children are going to live there for part of the summer next year and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is full of great adventures and you are on one at the moment. The pics are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails