Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Getting settled in

We made it safely to Coban yesterday. We spent the whole afternoon unpacking and getting settled back in. It is great to be home. It was also great to sleep in our own bed.
Before we left Guatemala City we had to eat at our favorite restaurant- TGI Friday's. It is funny that one of our last meal's in Mississippi was at a Mexican place and our first meal back in Guatemala was at an American place. We are soo backwards.
We wanted to bring back a few gifts for those who help us. We brought the men back t-shirts and the ladies calendars. Most all K'ekchi' homes have calendars hanging. We brought back scenic calendars from our home state. Here are a few photos of the friends we have seen already:
Juan & David

Sergio with his new shirt. He came by last night to see us. He was glad we were back.

My tutor, Chus, came this morning to study with me. I had arranged for her to come today before we left. I did not know we would not get home until yesterday. When I woke up this morning I was sort of wishing she would forget to come. But, she did not. I do consider it a blessing that she remembered and in the end it was the best thing for me to be immediately back in language study mode. It helped me a lot. This is a photo of her holding her calendar.

I was very encouraged to hear her say she missed us and that she prayed for us while we were away. She is such a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails