Thursday, August 28, 2008

A helper and a friend

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143: 10
This is my K'ekchi' tutor, Chus. She lives around the block from us and is the pastor's wife at the K'ekchi' Baptist church in Coban. She has been working with me for about a month now in my language learning. She speaks both K'ekchi' and Spanish so that has been a blessing for me in both languages. When it does not conflict with work obligations, I have her come on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. She is the one who brings us fresh tortillas every week. I have enjoyed getting to know her and look forward to building a friendship with her over the coming weeks and months. She is a very sweet lady and seems to have a fun personality. The more I work with her, the more I am starting to see it. Pray that our time together would not only be beneficial to my language learning but that we could also encourage each other in the roles God has called us to fill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails