Thursday, October 21, 2021

Mississippi State Fair 2021

The Mississippi State Fair rolls around every October.  It is another thing I love about being home in the fall.  I love riding the rides.  I love eating the foods.  I love all the exhibits and the shows.  Most of all, I just love the excitement that the fair brings.  Last Thursday after school we drove to Jackson to experience it.

We started our visit by walking through the Trade Mart building.  The antique cars are always a staple at the fair.

We stopped by each and every booth.  This one had live ducks that you could pet.

They also had baby chicks.


Cruz got to practice roping a calf,

and milking a cow.

 
me and my boys at the fair

We watched the wild west show and then grabbed a seat for the pig race.


Ben was chosen for one of the races and his pig won.  You can see him here collecting his prize.

He was proud!!

We always enjoy a stroll through the petting zoo.





Icee anyone?   It was a hot afternoon!!

the boys and I about to ride the roller coaster

Cruz and I on another wild ride.



Ben rode this ride all by himself.  See the video below.
 
 



This was one of their favorites.
 

My favorite ride was this one called Freak Out.  I somehow talked Ben into riding it with me.   He was nervous but enjoyed it.


My mom joined us that day.  Here we are on the Sky Lift ride.

I love the views of the fair from above.

There was a firefighter competition going on and we sat to watch them for a while.

Ready for action.


Cruz eating supper.  His request, "nachos with chili and that artificial cheese".  I enjoyed a Penn's chicken on a stick and some fried mushrooms.   We all went for free syrup filled homemade biscuits afterwards.

our family at the fair

That evening we watched the circus.   It is always a favorite of mine.  You know our family is wild about any circus.

We took another walk through the Trade Mart building and the boys rode a few more rides before we left.  My mom and I rode the big Ferris wheel.  It was very pretty at night.  I love the fair lights!




 
It was a fun-filled time and another event that I was so proud to get to attend this year.  I always miss this outing when we're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails