Tuesday, March 3, 2020

My Birthday 2020

The older my boys get, the sweeter my birthday becomes. This year was another fun one. It began the night before when they sent me to my room right after supper.  That in itself was a treat!  I had a quiet evening all to myself.

While I was relaxing, they got busy decorating.  They hung banners, balloons, and streamers all over the house.  I could hear them laughing and talking.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves.  They even decorated my bedroom door which made it a little hard for David to come to bed.

They were waiting with a camera the next morning for me to "break out".



They were like little puppies running around saying "Come and see, Mama!  Come and see!"  It was so sweet!


They had some of my favorite candies laid out for me.

I got these beautiful roses.

We had chocolate chip banana pancakes for breakfast.


It was a fun morning.

We had a normal school day.  The boys kept saying that it wasn't fair for me to have to teach school on my birthday.  I do not think it actually had anything to do with it being my birthday.  I think they just wanted the day off!

When we finished our lessons we headed out for lunch.  We had eaten at Cerro San Cristobal back on New Year's Eve.  I had said then that I wanted to return for my birthday.  I was looking forward to it.

If you look really close on top of that mountain you will see where the restaurant is.

This is the reason I wanted to return there for my birthday lunch.  The views are breathtaking!

The boys being silly at the table while we waited for our food.



birthday lunch overlooking Antigua

My shrimp quesadillas were delicious, but what I was eager to try was their creme brulee.  It is one of my favorite desserts.  Theirs was okay but not as good as others I have had.

David and the boys shared this yummy cheesecake.


We spent the afternoon at home.  That evening we had Papa Johns pizza for supper.  My current favorite pizza is their BBQ Chicken Pizza.  It is so good!

We also had cake.  It was chocolate with white icing.

Happy birthday to me!

We curled up on the couch and watched a movie while we ate.  It was a fun way to end the day.  I do not necessarily like getting older but these two young ones make life fun.  They definitely keep me young at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails