Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Pre- Christmas Fun 2017

I waited late to order our new family ornament for this year and I am glad I did.  I could not decide which one I wanted.  Then after our recent snow day I knew which ornament would be perfect for this year.  Here is our ornament for 2017-

we love it!
I have been collecting these family ornaments since I was pregnant with Cruz.  I love looking back at them each year. 

Last Tuesday we had a Christmas party with our homeschool fellowship group.  It took place at the local library.  We all brought finger foods and paint smocks.  After eating the kids got to paint a canvas.  It was a fun party and we always enjoy getting together with the group.

eating lunch at our homeschool Christmas party

ready to paint



Ben's canvas

Cruz's canvas

On Wednesday night David's dad came for a Christmas visit.

the boys with Paw Paw Harold

On Thursday night my mom, brother, and Mr. Thurman came to visit.  We all went out to eat at the local Mexican restaurant.  Afterwards we went to look at Christmas lights and then made gingerbread houses.  It was a fun night.

Cruz loves when the singers come around to the tables.  It gets him tickled.

Mimi and the boys

having fun while looking at Christmas lights









Cruz was pretending to be cold like the polar bear.  Thankfully it was not cold that night and we could walk around and enjoy the lights without freezing.

me and the boys

visiting the manger scene


making gingerbread houses








Making these was a lot of fun.

We finished up the school semester on Friday (hallalujah!) and began our Christmas break.  After school David took the boys to visit his mama.  I spent the afternoon with my mom finishing up some Christmas shopping. 

On Saturday night we had supper at the Browns.  Reagan grilled steaks and then we visited while the kids played.  We always enjoy our time with them. 

Cruz, Sara Madalin, and Ben

Next up was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I'll try to post about those later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails