Friday, December 29, 2017

Christmas Day 2017

Our Christmas morning started around 7:00 when I heard the boys giggling in their room.  They actually slept a lot later than I was expecting.  I grabbed my camera and got ready to take their photo when they came out of their bedroom.  I had surprised them by taping streamers over the doorway of their room, the end of the hallway, and the entry into the living room where their gifts were.  They had to break through all three times to get to their presents.  They loved that!

coming out of their bedroom on Christmas morning

one quick photo of them with their gifts before they got busy ripping them open

I'd say Ben was a little excited about that set of Hot Wheels.


they love Hot Wheels


Big smiles for his new camo socks.  Cruz loves decorative socks.

emptying his stocking 
Ben loves candy and he knew he would find some in there.

Legos! 



they were very excited about their new Neon Street Rollers

 


They both got a new carry-on suitcase and their own toiletry bag.  Their toiletry bags were filled with a new toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, flossers, travel size shampoo, and bath gel.   They are ready to travel.

After opening their gifts they got busy playing while I prepared breakfast.

Our Christmas Day breakfast consisted of Christmas tree shaped Eggo waffles and fruit. 

While they went back to playing I got busy preparing our lunch.  My mom, dad, brother, and Mr. Thurman all came to eat with us. 

Before eating our meal David read the Christmas story and I lit candles on our "Happy Birthay Jesus" cake and we sang.  This year instead of baking a cake I ordered a cookie cake instead.  We love those and do not get them in Guatemala.



Our Christmas Day meal- turkey, ham, carrot souffle, green bean casserole, macaroni 'n cheese, potato salad, Lima beans, corn, deviled eggs, rolls, pecan pie, and our cookie cake.  It was delicious.

The boys then opened gifts from family.


and we took a few family photos-
 me and my mom

me, Mimi, and the boys

Ben, me, Mimi, Cruz, and Mr. Thurman

me and the boys with my dad

The rest of the day was spent playing and visiting.  The boys kept us all well entertained.  We finished up with leftovers for supper and then were all in bed early.  It had been a full day and we were all tired.  We had a great Christmas.  I am thankful that we got to celebrate it with family this year.  We made a lot of fun memories that we will remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails