Thursday, May 25, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Mother's Day in Guatemala falls on May 10.  That means that most years I get to celebrate twice.  This year May 10 was on a Wednesday.  David had been away on a work trip to Mexico since the previous Saturday and would not be returning home until the following Saturday.  That meant I was  spending the week alone with the boys.  It was a fun week but I was completely exhausted by the time it was over.  It made me more thankful for David and the many little ways he makes my days run smoother.  He is a true helpmate!

The boys made me Mother's Day cards and gave them to me that morning.  That night me and the boys went out to eat at my favorite coffee shop in town.  It was a fun Mother's day date with my little guys.
celebrating on Guatemala's Mother's Day 

The boys and I went into Guatemala City to greet David at the airport when he returned on Saturday.  We stayed there overnight to celebrate Mother's Day there on Sunday.  I had a few things I wanted to do there on my special day.

me and my boys on Mother's Day Sunday morning

One of the things I wanted to do was go eat breakfast at San Martin.  It is one of my favorite restaurants but we have never been there for breakfast.  I am a big breakfast fan and cook a full breakfast almost daily.  I didn't want to have to cook that day so we went out instead.  It was a real treat for me.  

One of my gifts was a set of cup and saucers from the restaurant gift shop.  They are so pretty and springlike.  I have enjoyed using them every day.

After breakfast we went to church at Union Church.  It is an English speaking church in Guatemala City.  I always want to go if we happen to be in the City.  I was so glad it worked out for us to be there this year on Mother's Day.  What a treat that was!  They honored all the mothers during the service and each one was presented a rose.  The boys volunteered to help pass them out.  I enjoyed watching them do that.

me and the boys outside Union Church in Guatemala City on Mother's Day

We ate lunch at KFC (another favorite) before starting out on the long drive back home.  It rained almost the whole way which made for an extra stressful travel day.  Along the way we stopped for an ice cream break at Pops.  No special occasion is complete without ice cream.  At least that is our family motto.  ha

ice cream!

It was a fun day overall and I am glad for a little time to stop and celebrate the joy of experiencing motherhood.  It was something for many years I didn't think I would get to do but is something I've not stopped doing since it happened.  It is an honor to raise these two boys and I pray daily that the Lord would help me do it well. 

Here is a look at a few Mother's Day photos from the past few years-

2013

2014

2015

2016

They truly are gifts from God and I am so thankful that He chose to give these two to me.  I am passionate about being their mother.  It is a role I will always cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails