Monday, March 7, 2016

Our Weekend


Our weekend was a lot of fun.  We led two Bible studies and in between had fellowship time with some missionary friends.  Here are a few photos from the past few days.

On Friday I was treated to a birthday lunch by my friend Brandi.  We met at a local coffee shop for lunch and coffee.  We had a great time just talking about family life, ministry, homeschool, culture, etc. and before we knew it a few hours had passed.  It is a rare treat for me to have girl time and especially to have a little time away from my kids.  I love them, but it sure is good to get a break from them every once in a while.  I returned home feeling very refreshed and energized.

my late birthday lunch with Brandi

my cappuccino
It really was a nice afternoon!

Do you think they missed their mama?  

On Saturday we headed up the mountain to lead Bible study in the village of Lagunetas.  The boys always have a fun time playing before and after our Bible studies.  This particular time they admired some new baby chicks the family had.

The family was keeping the baby chicks inside of this old tire.  There were four in all.  The boys would pet them but did not want to hold them.

Ben also enjoyed playing with these coffee beans.  He tried to sort them all by color. ha  That boy likes everything to be organized and in order.  I wonder where he gets that from???

Afterwards we were invited over to some friends house for lunch.  There were four families in all that came.  They cooked hot dogs and we all ate together.  The kids had a blast!  Their favorite thing was playing on the zipline that our friends built. 
Ben was really brave!  He has no fear and although it scares me it also makes me proud to see him try new things.

He has no fear either.  My heart definitely gets a daily workout from raising boys.


a video of both boys on the zipline

the kids being normal

the kids being silly

David led Bible study in Nearar on Sunday morning and then we spent the rest of the day at home.  Sunday night we cooked on the grill.  I made chicken, pineapple, and mushroom shish kabobs with a potato casserole, and a lemon pie.  After eating we took a long walk/ bike ride around the neighborhood.  We watched a little of the Presidential Debate before getting baths and falling in the bed.  A good nights sleep was just what we all needed.

We have a busy week ahead.  David spent all morning in the village of La Libertad making visits today.  He will be making visits in Lagunetas tomorrow.  We have Bible study in Tunuco Arriba on Wednesday morning and in Muyurco on Thursday afternoon.  Throw in a full week of homeschool, household chores, and cooking and I'm tired just thinking about it. ha  The exciting thing is that we have friends arriving this weekend to spend Spring Break with us.  If I can just get through the week I know that fun times are on the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails