Friday, July 17, 2015

It's Been A Good Week

Hooray for Friday!  Anyone else excited about the weekend ahead?  I am!  Before I share about that though I'll catch you up on a few activities from this past week. 

I'll start with this photo I forgot to put in my post from last weekend.  Cruz was a little sad that his daddy was going to miss going to the circus with us so he slipped into our homeschool room and made him this card.  Cruz loves to make cards and give them away.  Underneath all of that rough and rowdiness he has a very tender heart.  I just wish he showed it more often, ha.
Here is his "daddy, I'm sorry you missed the circus.  I hope this makes you feel better" card.

His class at school has been studying wild animals lately.  On Tuesday he had to do an oral presentation and explain his poster before his class.   He received a grade of "excelente" which had him grinning ear to ear when he came home to tell me about it. 

Cruz's poster and the lines he had to memorize and say before his class.

Here is a craft project I worked on for my homeschool room this week.  I used empty small Pringles cans, colored wooden sticks, and a hot glue gun.

I made three of these to hold pencils, markers, and dry erase board supplies.  I love how they turned out.

Here are the boys playing outside one afternoon.  Have I mentioned lately just how much I love the outdoor space where we currently live?  It is so family friendly!  The house in the background has three beagle dogs that my boys love to go and visit.  The owners are so kind to my boys and most always give them cookies (another reason they like to visit, ha). 

He has put a few miles on these tires just in this week alone.  I love my boys playing outside!

On Wednesday we had Bible classes in Tunuco Arriba.  This week we had 63 between the two classes- 34 kindergarten and 1st graders and 29 2nd - 5th graders.  It is always fun being with these precious kids.  
Mrs. Diana getting ready to teach the 2nd - 5th graders

some of the kids in Tunuco Arriba 

some of the kids in Tunuco Arriba

Last week Mrs. Diana gave a review test and she had five kids make 100%.  Here she is recognizing those five kids. 

Next week we will be having our clausura "closing service" with them.  Because of the Lubeck's annual fall trip to the States we will be wrapping up our time at the school for the school year.  We will be doing a program for the parents, and the children will be sharing what they have learned.  We anticipate a great time there next Wednesday morning.  The teachers have already given us an open invitation to return next January to teach again in the new school year.  (The kids here go to school from January - October). 

On Thursday morning we headed to the grocery store to stock up on supplies.  Ben loves to go with me and push his own smaller shopping cart.  I put some items in my cart and some in his.  He also loves to unload everything onto the belt.  He is a great helper!


While out we also noticed that our new Taco Bell was getting ready to open.  The workers were like busy bees getting everything finished.  They opened the doors on Thursday evening and when we drove by after Bible study it was a packed house.  They had people lined out the door waiting their turn to go inside.  It was crazy!  We are excited to visit but I think we'll wait until some of the hype dies down.

I snapped this photo on the way to Bible study in Muyurco on Thursday afternoon.  David had surprised me with this chocolate treat and it was just what I needed to get me through the afternoon. 

My boys playing in Muyurco before our Bible study began.

Cruz in Muyurco

I went out to check on them one time and found them off playing with a goat.  Here they are trying to feed it leaves. 

We had a good Bible study there and a good turnout.  Many of you have been praying for the family there who lost their baby and we say thank you.  I let the family know that this week and it blessed their hearts to know that fellow Christian brothers and sisters in the States were praying for them.  We blessed them with some food supplies and loved on them all afternoon.

Here I am with Nelba (the baby's mother).  She has the sweetest smile but would not smile for the camera.  She said "I look better being serious".  ha  She is precious and I am praying for her everyday.  I think one of the worst pains on this earth would be losing a child.  I cannot fathom what that feels like but my heart breaks for those who have.  I have found myself praying more this week for those I know who have experienced this pain. 

Many of the children have started hiking with us back to our car and seeing us off.  They just laugh and giggle all the way.  They love to run alongside us and try to out run us as we drive off.  I am sure we are a great weekly entertainment for them. 
Some of the sweet children we teach each week in Muyurco.

So far this month we have done eight Bible studies and a funeral.  We have six more Bible studies lined up and a team before the month ends.  These are some busy days but oh so good!  Pray for us to get adequate rest and have the energy we need for the days ahead.  Working with two young ones in tow can be exhausting but I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are excited about the weekend ahead.  We need to make a trip over to Honduras to meet with a few folks there.  It has been several months since we have been there and the boys are so excited.  I'm a little excited myself because I know that our trip will include a little Jim's pizza and coffee and dessert at Welchez Cafe.  Oh, I can't wait!  Pray for our time there and pray also for Bible study Sunday morning in Nearar. 

Have a great weekend everyone!  Hasta Lunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails