Monday, March 9, 2015

Our Weekend

I mentioned in my last post that school was cancelled for Cruz on Friday.  So we spent the morning at home working on some homework, coloring, drawing, and reviewing numbers.  Because of the Bible study we are doing in Tunuco Arriba on Wednesday mornings he is not able to attend class that day.  We cannot get back home in time to pick him up and we leave before school starts so we just let him skip school and go with us.  Wednesday is the day they focus mostly on math at school so he is missing that.  Instead he gets it all sent home for me to work on with him myself. 

They love to use markers and scissors and this day I gave them a whole book of stickers as well.  They spent the longest time that morning making little projects. 

They are also both a little OCD.  Notice how they lined all the markers up by color.  Before the morning was over they were putting them together and making swords.  When the markers start flying through the air that's when you know it's time to clean them up, ha.

We also spent a lot of time outside playing.  Cruz wanted to practice kicking the soccer ball.  They also rode their bikes and played with their remote control car.

Here's a little video of them playing.  They loved to pretend that the car was chasing them.

I also mentioned in my last post that we were having a Friday morning visit from our Ag partners Dan and Noe from Honduras.  They spent the morning meeting with David and then we all went out for lunch at the mall food court.  Over lunch we discussed an upcoming IMB Media Team visit that we are having next week.  They are coming down to do a story on the Ag work in Honduras and also about our partnership with it.  They will spend a few days here with us in Guatemala interviewing our family and visiting in the village of Lagunetas where we have an ongoing agriculture partnership project.  They will then spend several days in Honduras interviewing and filming there.  How exciting!  I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Ben, Dan, David, Cruz, and Noe

That afternoon we spent a lot of time on our community playground trying to burn off some of the boys energy.

Isn't that sky beautiful!!!

We grilled hamburgers for supper and then spent some time playing Uno. 

Saturday was a lazy day for us.  We all got up and got dressed as if we had somewhere to go but never left the house all day.  We laughed when we realized that we had not even unlocked the front door from the night before until around 4:00 that afternoon when we took the boys out to play.   Being lazy is not always a bad thing.  Sometimes it's just what you need.

The boys did a little more coloring and drawing with markers but also decided to draw all over their arms.  Cruz thought it was cool until he got hot and wiped his face.  He didn't believe me when I told him he had blue eyes until I took this picture and showed him.  We got a good laugh out of that one.

How cool is this maze that they built in the dirt piles near our house!  My little guys love walking back and forth over the boards.  It has a trail from one end to the next.  When they get to the end they just turn around and come back.  They love it!

Here's a video of them on Saturday afternoon.

King of the hill

For our supper I cooked chicken and rice, English peas, and another pan of yeast rolls.  I am trying out a few different recipes until I find one we really like.  I made a lemon cake for dessert.  After eating we played a few rounds of Dominos before putting the boys to bed for the night.  Game nights are my favorite and we are trying to incorporate them into our weekends when we can.

homemade yeast rolls
I just love the smell of them baking in the oven!

David taught Bible study in the village of Nearar on Sunday morning.  He took a missionary friend of ours with him to let him see what we do.   The boys and I ended up visiting a local Baptist church in Chiquimula.  We had asked another missionary friend about some taxi recommendations and were given two names of trustworthy people.  I called one and they picked us up and dropped us off at the church.  The boys LOVED riding in the taxi.  Ben kept telling me "mama, this car is cool!".  ha

me and my boys in our taxi ride to church
I am definitely thinking that is something we will do more often in the future.  They have a great class for the kids to attend and I get to sit still and be a part of a service.  I left feeling very refreshed.

Our service went much longer than normal but David's Bible study ended earlier than normal.  Because of that he was back in town before we got out of church.  He slipped in and joined us.  Afterwards we went out for lunch at Pollo Campero.  Yum!

Cruz is becoming my little photographer.  He loves taking pictures.  He also loves zooming in.  Here is a close-up photo of us he took at lunch. 

After long afternoon naps the rest of the day was spent outside playing.  Cruz spent most of his time kicking his soccer ball.  I had bought him some new soccer socks which are now his new favorite thing. 

 It took me a while to notice that when he dressed himself for some crazy reason he decided to put his Spiderman watch on is ankle.  That boy has a style of his own, ha.


There are several fruit trees in our subdivision.  The tree to the left is a guayaba tree and the one on the right is a mango.  I am not a fan of either fruit but David is loving it.  He has been eating guayabas for the past two weeks.  The smell alone makes me gag.  The mangos are almost ready to pick and he is eagerly waiting.

 mangos

This picture makes me smile.  When we got ready to head back home David jumped on Cruz's bike and took off.  Both boys could not believe that their daddy was riding Cruz's bike.  Cruz chased after him and ran alongside him the rest of the way home.   Fun times!

Well it's Monday, again.  They just seem to keep rolling back around.  We'll start our day off at the dentist getting our teeth cleaned.  Who schedules dentist appointments for first thing on a Monday morning???  (I'll give you a hint- it wasn't me).  After that it's grocery shopping and clothes washing.  David will be back visiting in Lagunetas on Tuesday and then we have Bible study in Tunuco Arriba on Wednesday and Muyurco on Thursday.  We are anticipating another great week and are praying God's blessings over all we do.  Would you join us in praying for that?   We would appreciate it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails