Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Weekend

It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone.  On one hand I'm a little glad because it can be so tiring but I do miss the fun that comes with Christmas.  I am thankful that the boys have been very preoccupied lately with all of their new stuff and have played hard every day.  I, on the other hand, have been pretty busy myself getting all of the decorations packed up and put away.  That is how I spent most of my weekend.  I love putting it all out but when Christmas is over I am always eager to take it all back down and get my home back to normal.

With that being said I haven't taken many photos lately but here are a few I have snapped over the past few days.

We said goodbye to our elf Jingles.  On their last morning to find him they also found a note and two Ring Pops- a red one and a blue one.  As  you can see from the photo below Ben really enjoyed the blue one.
he was a sticky mess!

Here are the boys playing on Friday.  They love to climb their daddy's ladder.

Cruz had put his clip on Ben's back and stood by holding the rope "just in case he falls, mama".  ha

Here they are on Friday night wearing their new Spiderman pj's they got for Christmas.  It was also the last night to have their tree in their room because I took it down on Saturday morning.

Saturday is biscuit day and as I have mentioned before I always make up a little extra dough for the boys to play with.  Here's Ben showing me his "pumpkin pie" he made with his dough.

After nap time on Saturday we drove into Chiquimula to go bowling.  The bowling alley there is becoming one of our favorite outings.  We love it and the boys do too.

Ben's favorite part is organizing the balls when they come out. 

Here's David helping Cruz get his ball ready to roll down the ramp.

and here's me and my little guys when we finished.

We always buy them a few tokens to ride and play games before we leave there.


We ate supper and then picked up a few fireworks to shoot when we got back home.

sparklers are always a big hit with my boys

David had Bible study in Nearar on Sunday morning.  The only photo I took that day was of sweet little Ben when I went in the living room after lunch to tell him it was nap time.  This is how I found him-
He was already fast asleep on the couch.  That doesn't happen often but was a true sign of how we were all feeling- t-i-r-e-d.  The rest of the day was spent resting and getting my last Christmas things stored away.  It felt great to get my house back in order.

We're looking forward to celebrating the new year with a fun family outing.  We hope your celebrations are fun-filled as well.  See ya next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails