Monday, November 10, 2014

Pictures From Our Weekend

It's been a steady few days around our little part of the world.  We have one more busy day today and then maybe tomorrow we'll sit down and take a breather.  Maybe.  Today I'll share a picture overview of how we spent the weekend.  It was busy, but fun.

On Friday morning the boys had a play date with a few kids from our town.  We painted, colored, drew with markers, played with sidewalk chalk, worked puzzles, played hide and seek, ate snack, watched cartoons, played with playdough, played doctor, and drove cars all over our road rug. It was a fun (4 hour) morning for our boys. Cruz got a lot of practice with his Spanish and cried when they had to leave.  He's already asking if they can come back so I'm certain I'll be lining something up again in the future.
Lester, Ben, Sucely, and Cruz

Here's the fish they painted drying on the clothesline.

Later that afternoon we drove into Chiquimula.  I was needing to buy some groceries and had not had time to do it earlier in the week.  The last thing I wanted to do was buy groceries on a Friday night but oh well.  I picked up what we needed, we grabbed some Pollo Campero for supper, and then headed back home.

I found these cool noodles that I am certain are going to make my boys smile when I fix them.   They have fun shapes like cactus, stars, and wagons.  How fun!  I also found some honeycrisp apples for the first time since returning from the States.  There is not much more delicious than a honeycrisp apple!!!  Have you tried them?

Saturday morning is biscuit morning around our house so my little helper was eager to join me in the kitchen to prepare them.  I don't know why I don't just get up every morning and fix my boys a batch of biscuit dough to play with.  It entertains them like nothing else.  I am always amazed at how long they will play with it.  I gave Cruz our pumpkin cookie cutter and he made pumpkin biscuits over and over again.
We have playdough but it's just not quite as fun as biscuit dough.

After eating we headed up the mountain to the village of Lagunetas to lead Bible study.  We had a great morning there!
I got tickled to see these animals that the kids there had made out of mud.  I think they did a wonderful job on them.  They had them drying on top of the chicken coop.

After our story time we played a few games.  Here they are playing jump rope.

We played "jump the river"

they loved jumping

And we played Cruz's favorite- duck, duck, goose

That afternoon while the boys napped I made up a batch of homemade rocky road brownies.  Oh deliciousness!  We have all enjoyed snacking on them.
my rocky road brownies

That evening we headed to the circus.  We invited another missionary family to join us because it's always more fun with a crowd.  It was probably one of our least favorite circuses because the acts they did were not very entertaining, but they boys had a blast and we enjoyed the fellowship of friends.
our boys with the Remings

After the circus David surprised the boys with two light up blinking noses that they sold there.  They were clown noses so you know my boys squealed!  Here they are playing in the car on the way home.

It was late when we got back so we put the boys straight to bed and then we stayed up a lot later watching the LSU/ Alabama game.  It went into overtime which meant I got to bed waaay past my normal time but it was a great game to watch.

Sunday morning David headed out to lead Bible study in the village of Nearar.  Here he is with the boys before he left-
The joys of my life sit right there on that couch!

and here's what it usually looks like when David returns- lots of squeals, lots of hugs, and lots of smiles. 

he was feeling the love, ha

One of Cruz's favorite things to do is put on a circus show for us to watch.  He reenacts all that he knows and is quite entertaining.  So you can imagine that our Sunday was filled with lots of circus themed play having just been the night before.  This time was extra fun because he got to use his new clown nose that David bought him.

here they are being tigers

The circus on Saturday night brought out a large yellow anaconda.  So here are my boys pretending to be snakes at the circus.

here they are doing the circus dance




And, taking a bow after his motorcycle act

Do you think it gets dull around here?  Never!!! ha

Here they are dressed as a cowboy and a fireman.  They have their shirts off because the guys at the circus took their shirts off (don't even ask, ha).  Cruz is wearing David's boots and carrying a baseball bat.  These two are always on an adventure!

and here they are after bathtime on Sunday evening (don't worry, Cruz has on pants and underwear.  He's not naked).  This was Ben's first bath of the night and right after he threw up his supper all over the table.  He later threw up again all over his bed.  Yes, I was up at 10:00 last night washing a load of laundry.  It was a LONG sleepless night at our place but thankfully he seems to be doing much better today.  Life around here is fun y'all.  We just roll with the punches.  Hope your Monday is off to a great start!   David is in the village with our Ag workers from Honduras.  I'm cooking lunch for the crew when they return, and the boys are quietly playing in the living room.  Did I say quietly?  Yikes, I better go now and check on them, ha.  I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails