Monday, October 20, 2014

Let's Get Physical

On Friday afternoon Cruz's school had their end of the school year P.E. presentation. Cruz was really excited about it until I told him that all the parents would be there to watch them perform and then he got a little stage freight.  I assured him that all the other parents would be watching their boys and girls and that me and David would be watching him.  That eased his anxiety, a little.

He gets out of class each day at 11:30.  We picked him up, rushed him home to eat lunch, take a nap, get dressed and back to the school for the 2:00 program.  The only problem is the program didn't end up starting until around 3:15.  I don't know why I still get so aggravated about time.  If someone tells me a time I feel like I have to be there at that time.  In my mind the one time I decide to arrive late to something will be the first time it starts on time.  Anyway, enough of that.  Cruz didn't seem to mind one bit and he spent his time running around and playing with his friends.

He spent a lot of time in this tree.  He loves climbing trees.  I, on the other hand, spent some time envisioning a trip to the ER to get some part of his body put in a cast, ha.

I zoomed in and took this photo of some school mates having a little fun with a cell phone.  I'm not sure if they were taking pictures or playing a game but they were loving it. 

Here is some of Cruz's group after they marched out.  They each found their chair to sit in and waited for the music to start.  

Here's my little shy boy before his performance began. 





The rest of the photos are of his program.  He did great and we were very proud.  They ended up doing it twice.  Once at the beginning and then again towards the end.  All of the grades performed and I'm still not sure why his group did theirs twice but I enjoyed seeing it both times. 





I had to do a double take with this one because I thought it looked just like Ben.   They don't normally look much alike but in this photo I think they do.




And here are some videos of his program-
                                        


This next video just cracks me up!  They didn't make their pom pom's until a few days before the program and I don't think they had practiced much using them.  Because of that when it came time to pick up their chairs Cruz couldn't figure out how to hold his pom pom's and his chair at the same time.  Watch how he made it work because "the show must go on", right?  He made us laugh!


It was a fun program and we were glad he got to be a part of it.  His school has been a blessing to our family in more ways than one.  It's his last week of class for the school year.  They were closed today so he's home playing with his brother.  He has a field trip on Wednesday and then his last official day will be Thursday.  We're going to miss it over the break but will look forward to him beginning again in January (and maybe taking his little brother with him- we'll see...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails