Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Our Boys Tonka Bedroom

With the exception of some curtains and a bookshelf our boys new room is complete.  It was a fun project and I am very pleased with how it turned out.  The boys LOVE it and that's the best part of all.  It's just a happy room and it makes me smile every time I pass by and peek inside.  I love it.  We all do. 

So, with that being said, come on in and take a look inside-
This is the view as you walk in the door.

Their bunkbeds with their new blankets.

A beanbag that they already had goes great in there so I put it in the corner and made them a reading nook.  We had a small bookshelf already but it only holds about 1/3 of their books.  I only put the board/Ben friendly books on it for now.  The other books will go on the new shelf.  Both of my boys love books and have already spent a lot of time sitting and "reading" in this new space.



I purchased some art frames a few years ago while in the States and have loved having them in the boys room.  Not only do they display their art but they can store around 50 drawings inside.  I also purchased a letter "B" and letter "C" a few years ago to hang with them.  I wanted to incorporate them all back into their new bedroom. 


I went online and printed off some Tonka coloring sheets for the boys to color.  I hung each one with their letter.  I'll change them out from time to time but I thought they looked cute.  Although I had forgotten when I gave Cruz his to color that he colors EVERYTHING these days like a rainbow.  Hence the reason for his brightly colored Tonka machine, ha.  

Here is their closet/ storage space.  I will put a large bookshelf in that open space to hold their puzzles, books, and some toys.   The middle will be toy storage as well.  I haven't moved any thing back in there yet until we get the shelf.  I'm not ready for it to look cluttered.  The right side is for their clothes. 

A closer view of their clothes area.  The door swings back and covers most of this area during the day while they play


And here they are on the first night they slept in there.  We heard a lot of giggles coming from there that night.  What a fun room for my sweet boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails