Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our 18th Wedding Anniversary

We recently celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.  Our anniversary is one of my favorite days of the year.  I love reflecting back over our years of dating, our early years of marriage, and how we celebrated previous anniversaries.   It makes me smile.   I also love seeing how God has worked in our lives and used us as a couple.  I think we are a great team and I can't imagine life without David as my partner. I could not have dreamed of all the things we would see and experience together but God knew and He had a plan.  I am grateful for the life He has given us and I look forward to many more years of serving Him together.  Here is how we celebrated #18-

We had a gift card to the Cracker Barrel so we used it to enjoy breakfast on our anniversary morning.  I tried their new Butter Pecan Pancakes with Butter Pecan Syrup.  It was pretty yummy!
Cruz was our photographer for the day.  He loves taking pictures and you know I love having them to share.

After breakfast we drove over to historic Natchez, MS to see what we could get in to for the day.  We didn't have any real plans, but just wanted to go and sight-see.



Natchez is built along the Mississippi River.  I have always enjoyed looking out over the river and watching the barges pass by.  I also love the views of the Mississippi River bridge from both Natchez and Vicksburg. 

We spent some time walking around on the bluff and looking down over the river.

We drove across the Mississippi River bridge into Louisiana and back.  I thought it would be a fun memory.  The boys loved it.

We took a horse and carriage ride around town to see some of the historical sights.  We did the same kind of tour around Galveston, TX for our 10 year anniversary.   I loved it!

It was a lot of fun and a pretty relaxing way to pass some time.

our family in Natchez, MS on our 18th anniversary

When the tour was over the guide let Cruz feed carrots to the horse.  That was fun!

We ate lunch at Fat Mama's Tamales.  It is a pretty famous place in Natchez.  It was our first time to go and it was delicious.  My first choice would have been to eat at the Carriage House Restaurant- an antebellum home turned into a restaurant and gift shop.  I love to go there but I didn't think it would be as child friendly.  Eating at Fat Mama's was a great choice for a family.

We had the gringo pie, an order of tamales, and a basket of chips with cheese dip.  Yum!

After lunch we made a stop by the Natchez Coffee Co. to pick up coffee and dessert.

It was nap time for the boys so we drove around until they fell asleep and then found a shady river view area to pull over and we enjoyed our coffee and dessert in the car.

Here's our yummy Italian Creme Cake we shared for our anniversary.

When the boys woke up we drove over to Duncan Park to let them run around and play.  My Aunt Bonnie used to live in Natchez when I was younger and my cousin Susan and I would go spend weeks with her during the summer.  I have fond memories of playing at that park as a young girl.

our family loves parks and playgrounds!

Probably one of the things I'll remember most about this anniversary was the fall I took while walking a trail with Cruz. Yikes!  Today is day four and I'm still a little swollen, stiff, and hobbling around.  I am beginning to wonder if my knee will ever be the same, ha.  It was getting late in the afternoon anyway so that pretty much ended our time there.  I limped to the car and we drove back home.

We stopped for gas and David returned with an ice cold one of these.  Dr. Pepper is my very favorite drink of all.  He thought it would make me feel better and it sure made me smile (it's the little things in life, right). 

We had a wonderful day and made lots of great memories to treasure.  Here's to 18+ more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails