Monday, April 28, 2014

Lately

Last Wednesday night we spoke at Shady Grove Baptist Church outside of Brookhaven.  David has gotten to know the pastor there, Bro. Jeff Cupit, at the Monday morning pastor's meetings he attends each week at the Lincoln Baptist Association office.  Bro. Jeff invited us to come give an update on the IMB/ Lottie Moon Christmas Offering and share about our work in Guatemala.  After our presentation we all enjoyed a finger food fellowship together.  It was a fun night!
 
David and Bro. Jeff

Bro. Jeff's youngest daughters are twins- Sadie and Lilly.  They were like little mother hens with our boys and loved on them and took such great care of them while we were speaking.  My boys loved the attention these girls gave them!  They all had a fun night being together.

This was a sign we passed on the way to the church.  The name of the salon made me laugh out loud. 

On Thursday I dropped Cruz off at preschool and then headed out on a little weekly excursion with my mom.  This week we took Ben along with us.  She is off work on Thursdays so we try to spend that day together each week.  This past week we went to McComb to do a little shopping and eating.
me, Ben, and Mimi 

lunch was at Ruby Tuesday's 

Any day that includes shrimp is a good day to me! 

 and we couldn't resist sharing this yummy dessert!

When they weren't shopping with me, Mimi let Ben ride a few of these at the mall while I shopped. 
 
On Thursday night we headed to Strong Hope Baptist Church in Wesson, MS to share with their WMU group.  My cousin Kim heads up the meetings and invited me to come share.   We began with supper and then I gave the presentation.  I think I have said it before but I have really enjoyed getting to share with ladies groups on this Stateside Assignment.  Being with them is always a blessing to my heart. 

me and Kim 
 
On Friday afternoon we took the boys to a local park in Brookhaven for a little fun.  We love the parks in this town and are going to miss them greatly.   We ended up going to two different parks.  When they got tired of one we loaded them up and took them to another one.  We love watching our boys run and play.
 
 
Cruz getting ready to go down the slide. 



Ben clowning around with David. 

me and my precious boys
 
We stayed out until almost dark and then picked up some Catfish One fish plates to take home for a late supper.    Our weekend was pretty busy.  We began with a tee ball game on Saturday morning for Cruz and then a 90th birthday party for David's grandmother that afternoon.  Sunday we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.  I'll spend the next few days posting about all of that.  It was a very fun weekend.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails