Monday, February 3, 2014

In Case You Wanted To Know

Friday morning started early for us.  By early I mean 4:00 A.M.!  Surprisingly it wasn't Cruz that got up that early it was Ben.  Thankfully David sat with him on the couch and they watched cartoons so Cruz and I could get some extra sleep.  (have I mentioned lately just what a great dad David is!!!) 
Cruz went back to school on Friday after not having school for three straight days due to the weather.  We were all excited about that (some more than others but I'm not naming names, ha).  Normally just one of us takes him but this particular morning Ben cried to go so we all loaded up and took Cruz to school. 
dropping big brother off at preschool

It was just a short ride there and back but it was enough to make little Ben sleepy.  As soon as we got back home he went straight to the couch and snuggled up.  We turned on the cartoons for him and just a few minutes later I returned to check on him and this is what I found-
he was O-U-T!
We moved him to his bed and he slept until almost 1:00.

there is just nothing sweeter than a sleeping child
That night we drove down to McComb to watch our niece and nephew play basketball at Parklane Academy.  We arrived in time to watch Sawyer play his 7th grade game.  We stayed for the Jr. High girls game and then slipped out to give our boys a break.  We drove into town to the McDonald's for supper and to let them play a bit on the indoor playland. 

David and the boys at the McDonald's in McComb
We returned to the school in time for Kaylie's High School girls game.  David's dad was there for that game also.  We enjoyed getting to visit with him.  I tried to take a picture of all of them but this was all I got-
Robin, Cruz, Mr. Harold, Ben, and David
Thankfully Saturday morning started much later than Friday morning did.  Here are a few photos of the boys playing at home that morning.
silly Ben

We ordered another tiger suit so both boys now have one.   They both love this costume! 
Midmorning we headed to the park to let the boys play. 

I packed lots of picnic supplies to have lunch there. When it was time to eat I unloaded everything from the car, spread it out on the table, and got ready to make our sandwiches. I normally make the sandwiches at home but this particular day I decided to wait until we got there. Well, when I reached into the bag of bread and pulled out a few pieces I gasped to see that they were covered in mold. I was disgusted and aggravated at the same time. So instead we packed everything back up, loaded it into the car, and stopped in town to pick something up to take home to eat. Ugh! 

Here's Cruz dancing in the car on the way back home.  He can always put fun back into a bad situation.

Saturday evening a terrible thing happened at our house- we ran out of Kleenex!!!  Oh no!  We use A LOT of Kleenex with these little runny noses.  So after supper David had the bright idea for us to all go to Wal-Mart and get some more. (you know it's bad when David suggests we take our boys out- at night- to Wal-Mart- on a busy Saturday,ha).  We each took a boy and a buggy and ended up spending a while there just strolling around.  They were (for the most part) well behaved and it made for a fun evening. 

On the way home we ended up stopping for ice cream at McDonald's.  It was already late, but we seized the moment to have a little fun.  This was the best I could get for their picture.  They were way more interested in eating.

Our speaking engagement for Sunday morning got moved so we ended up just staying local.  We ate lunch at home and just as Cruz finished eating I told him "you have 10 minutes to play and then it's naptime".    He looked up at me and said, "No mama,  I'm tired.  I want to go to bed now".  I thought he was joking but sure enough he got down from the table, climbed into bed, and within 15 minutes he was sound asleep.  I guess those two late nights had caught up to him. 

Here he is in our bed and of course he had all of his "stuff" next to him.

how precious is that!
Sunday night we attended a super fun Super Bowl party at our friend's Reagan and Malinda's house.  We ate, laughed, and just had a great time together.  I'll try to post about it tomorrow.  Happy Monday everyone.  I hope your week is getting off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails