Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Winter Weekend Getaway Post 2

As I mentioned in my last post when we would put the kids down at night we adults would stay up extra late.  Friday night we got to bed around 12:30ish.  Ben woke up screaming around 2:00 and didn't sleep much the rest of the night.  Cruz was up a little before 6:00.  Needless to say it was a LONG, SLEEPLESS night for us.  The bad thing was we had a full day ahead and despite being soo very tired we made the best of it.
 
Saturday morning we got dressed and went out for breakfast at The Pancake House in Gulf Shores.  Reagan likes to eat there and suggested we go.  We enjoyed it.
 
Afterwards we visited the Tanger Outlet mall in Foley.  Now it would be difficult to shop with my boys on any given day but considering the fact we were all irritable and sleepy it was not a good combination.  David ended up putting Ben in the car to watch a movie and fall asleep and I took Cruz around with me to shop.  It was not a good morning and we didn't stay very long. 
I took the boys around and let them ride several of these coin operated machines while David did some shopping.  They loved it.

We stopped for lunch at Chick-fil-A on the way back and were happy that they had an indoor playland.

Later that afternoon the Brown's joined us back at the condo and we got ready to go back down to the beach.

We took this family photo on our balcony before walking down.
 
All three kids just ran and squealed and had the best time playing.  It was a beautiful sunny afternoon and perfect weather for playing in the sand.

Just look at that smile.  He was one happy little boy.

It was warm enough that we took their shoes off and let them get their toes in the sand.  Ben loved that.

David and Ben

just beautiful!

sweet Ben




Reagan and Sara Madalin

Ben loved chasing the birds

our family


We did a little more swimming before we called it a day and came in for the night.

Ben on the balcony watching the sunset on Saturday night

What a beautiful sunset it was!!!

this pretty much sums up our last night there- chocolate turtle cake and coffee

Our Sunday morning sunrise- just gorgeous!
 
We ate breakfast and then started packing up.  We had to be out of the condo by 10:00.  We let the kids play on the balcony some and even blew bubbles with them.  Sunday was the prettiest day we had and we were all very sad to be leaving.  Cruz cried, and cried, and cried, and cried, and cried some more.  He did not want to leave!  Poor baby, he had himself a great time.
 
blowing bubbles on the balcony
 
Somebody thought it would be a great idea to go back down to the pier and take one last group photo before we left.  She actually wanted to get back on the sand but settled for just being on the pier.  I won't call any names but I'll just say that I am thankful everyone obliged. ha  I love pictures.  I really, really love taking pictures!

Reagan, Malinda, Sara Madalin, Ben, me, David, and Cruz
(they'll look back one day and be glad I insisted we take these pictures, ha)

our family
My very favorite pictures of all to take are family pictures.  I am a little crazy about taking them but I don't want to miss a moment.  I already love looking back at us over the past few years and I know that all of these family pictures we have taken will be some of my most prized possessions in the years to come.  My little family is my world!
 
On the way back home we stopped by the Original Oyster House in Mobile for lunch.  It's just a neat place to stop in general but the food is really good also.  We eat very little seafood in Guatemala so we are enjoying it greatly while in the States.

our crew eating lunch
 
Sara Madalin, me, and Cruz
 
And just because I haven't posted any lately here are photos of our food- another crazy habit I have.

We take our kids to a seafood house and they order a corn dog.  But, how many corn dog plates come with their very own alligator on top.  Cruz LOVED it!

I had an oyster poboy.  I LOVE fried oysters!

David got a sampler platter of fried fish, popcorn shrimp, and chicken strips.  He also got some cheese grits as a side order.  Those were good.  Lunch was delicious!

We arrived back home late afternoon.  We were tired but overjoyed at the fun we had.  It really was a fun, relaxing weekend (as relaxing as can be with three young kids).  The kids actually did very good and played together well.  We were proud of all of them.  I am so glad we got to go and make those memories together.  If we searched the world over I don't think we could find better company to have spent it with.  Reagan and Malinda are precious folks and we are thankful to call them our friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails