Friday, January 31, 2014

Thawing Out

It's been cold around here this week!  Cold!   The temps started dropping on Monday evening and we did not get back above freezing until mid-morning on Thursday.  That meant icy road conditions that also kept us from leaving the house.  Schools were closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  Other than the times when we went outside to play in the snow we have pretty much been stuck at home.  So, with that being said, you can imagine our excitement on Thursday when the sun came out and started melting everything away.  Woohoo!  We were all eager to get in the car and just go somewhere- anywhere! 

While we were cleaning the kitchen after breakfast Cruz decided to go to his room and get himself dressed.  I think he was the most eager of all.  He came running in to show me what he had on-
He was wearing his shirt and a pair of Ben's pants.  I laughed and told him that little boys do not normally wear Capri's. 

We got loaded into the car and got out to run a few errands.  Afterwards we stopped by several salons to try to get the boys a haircut.  They were both VERY overdue for haircuts.  Every place we stopped at was full.  We ended up going to the salon at Wal-Mart.  They took both boys right on back and cut their hair at the same time.  That was very nice and we didn't have to entertain either one of them while the other got a cut. 

Ben before his haircut.  He sat very still in the chair all by himself.  He does great for haircuts!  Everyone always comments on how good he can sit and how still he is.

Cruz on the other hand...  Well, he's just Cruz. ha
(and his pants legs are just raised up in this picture.  No, I didn't take him out in those "capri's")

after their haircuts- much better!
David got a haircut also so I took the boys, put them in a buggy, and strolled them around the store while he got his cut.  That was fun (ahem).
We ate lunch at the Mexican restaurant.  As you can see from the smiles we were all happy about that.  My boys love quesadillas, beans, and rice!  I love the chips, salsa, and Dr. Pepper.

and what outing would not be complete without a stop by the bakery for dessert.  I got that chocolate covered twist in the top left corner.  It was just heavenly!

We did a little watercolor painting after naptime and took a bike ride outside.   

Ben got some paint on the paper and some paint on himself.

 their paintings
(Ben's is at the top and Cruz did the two side-by-side)

David picked up a $5.00 Little Caesar's pizza for supper.  Hooray for not having to cook lunch or supper!  That was a treat for this tired mama for sure.  So, I'll leave you with a few more random pics from the week-
This is a picture of "Coach Ben" from earlier in the week.  He loves blowing his whistle and playing ball.  For some crazy reason I bought them both a whistle/ compass at the Science Museum last week.  They have been blowing them day and night.  What was I thinking???

I told Ben to go get his boots on and from the looks of it he grabbed the wrong pair.
And the next two are my favorites.  No matter how hard my day has been I can always go into their room at night and watch them sleep and it just puts my heart at peace.  For some reason at those moments the hard parts of the day just melt away. 

my sweet baby Ben

my precious big boy Cruz
TGIF!  I don't know about y'all but I'm looking forward to the temps reaching near 70 this weekend.  I am not sure what our plans are just yet but I am certain you'll find us doing something outdoors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails