Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year's 2014

We got up our normal, early time on New Year's Eve, ate breakfast, got dressed, and headed to Memaw's. Cruz asks almost daily to go play with our niece Larsen. She was spending the day with Memaw so we took our two to join them. After watching them play a minute we slipped out and left them to have some fun. We then drove on to Jackson to have a little one-on-one time. We began by having an early lunch at the Moss Creek Fish House. We had heard a lot of good reviews on it and thought we would give it a try. It was delicious. David had fried catfish and I had fried oysters. Oh how I love fried oysters! It was good just to sit, eat, talk, and enjoy a stress-free meal.

Afterwards we drove over to the new outlet mall that just opened in Mississippi. We were not too impressed, and we covered the whole mall in a little over an hour. I only bought a few things for the boys. I'd go back just for the kid stores but that's it. Before heading home we made a stop by Dunkin Donuts.
David and I at Dunkin Donuts on New Year's Eve

Here's my yummy donut and cappuccino.  Being there made me miss Cruz terribly.  The two of us are such big donut fans!
We hurried back to see them and put them down for their naps.  We spent the rest of the afternoon visiting with Memaw. 
Before heading to a family gathering that night in Gallman we made a stop by Sonic in Crystal Springs.  David wanted ice cream.  He ordered a hot fudge sundae and he and the boys sat in the car and shared it.  It was a fun family memory and Cruz has talked about it every time we have passed by there.  That night we gathered with some of David's family for a soup and chili supper and fireworks.  We stayed until around 9:30, put the boys in their pajamas, and then made the drive back to our home.  Here are some photos of us shooting fireworks-

We got home, put the boys to bed, and then I watched the New Year's show on t.v.  It is something I always love to do.  After the ball dropped in NYC (it was only 11:00 here) I went to bed. 

New Year's morning began with a pancake breakfast.  I made Cruz's in the shape of a snowman.

We then got dressed and took a few family photos.
our family on New Year's Day 2014

David looks thrilled, huh

I just know my boys will look back one day and say "Mama, WHY did you make us wear that?"  I don't care.  I'll treasure these memories and moments forever. 

Ben wanted so bad to wear a pair of the glasses but they were just to big for his face.
Mid-morning my mom came down to see us.  She took us to lunch at Cracker Barrel.  It was delicious!  After eating we came home to put the boys down for a nap and then she and I went out to do some shopping.  It was fun getting to spend some time with her without having to wrestle the boys.
When we got back home and the boys woke up I baked us some chocolate chip cookies.  We also took a few more photos with Mimi.
me and my mom on New Year's Day
David took these pictures and never told us that my Mama's hat was on backwards.   We look at these pictures now and laugh out loud.

being silly

me, my mama, and the boys
We ate our cookies and then spent the rest of the afternoon outside.  The boys rode for the longest time in their Jeep.  We went for a walk down the road and they drove along side of us.  It was a nice afternoon (weather wise) and great for being outdoors.  Here they are in action-

Happy New Year, Y'all!  We hope it is a blessed one for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails