Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving Eve 2013

our family on Thanksgiving Eve morning

David and the boys
 
That night I had some of my family over for supper.  I always wish for everyone to be there but I understand that many had other obligations.  I love having all of the family together.  My mom came early and brought some fall decorations to put out. 

 our large dining room and kitchen

family

my dad with the boys

me and my dad with my two wild boys

my mom, me, Ben, and Aunt Carolyn

Cruz and Ben

I was so glad that my brother was able to be there.  I have not seen him in over 8 years.  It was the first time for him to meet my boys.  I have not mentioned it on my blog but his 17 year old son passed away after a long battle with a brain tumor just a few days before we arrived home.  It has been terribly sad for our whole family.  Please keep them in your prayers.

Some of our food. We had a feast!
 
After everyone ate we all piled in the living room and watched "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving".  That is a tradition we started with our boys and I loved that we got to include family this year.  It was a fun night and we look forward to all getting together again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails