Thursday, December 5, 2013

Saturday Fun

Saturday afternoon we drove to Hazlehurst to my mom's house. An old friend of mine was in town visiting her mama (who just happens to be my mama's next door neighbor).   I have not seen her in years and I was very anxious to catch up in person.    We were in each other's weddings and that was probably the last time we really got to visit.  She moved out of state and eventually I moved out of the country.  Being together again was just like old times and we laughed and reminisced all afternoon long.   We had a great time and are already making plans to try to visit again while I am home.
Saylor, Kristi, Ben, me, Cruz, Karson, and Kade
She has three kids and I have two. Trying to get a picture of all of us together was hard!

My dad also stopped by to see Kristi.  He drove his hotrod car.  The kids had FUN playing in it.

Cruz picked up a few of my mom's pumpkins and brought them over to me and said "Mama, take my picture!". 

I looked up and here came Ben doing the same thing.  He walked up to me, sat his pumpkin on the ground, and then stood there like as if to say "take my picture too".  It was so cute.

Later that afternoon/ evening we helped my mom, Mimi, put up her Christmas tree.  She wanted the boys to be a part of it this year.  That was an adventure, ha.

Cruz did a great job of putting the ornaments on when he would be still long enough to hang one.


 Ben did a better job of pulling the ornaments off  the tree instead of putting them on.
 
Mimi and Ben 

Ben, Mimi, me, and Cruz
 
We ordered some fish and shrimp plates "to go" from the local fish house and ate them at my mom's while we finished the tree.  We also watched America's Funniest Home Videos while doing it. That is my all time favorite show.  I could watch it all day long. 
 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails