Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thankful For My Pumpkin

I love fall! I love the way it smells. I love the way it looks. I love the way it feels. There is not much about it that I do not like expect not being able to enjoy it in person. This is only the second time in seven years since coming on the mission field that we have not been home on vacation during the month of October and I'll admit that I am just a little sad about that.

Another thing I love about fall is taking pictures with pumpkins and I was concerned that I might not get to do that this year. Now I know that is a small, insignificant thing and there are much more important things that I could be "worrying" about, BUT it's something that I love and enjoy doing. So, you can imagine my joy when David surprised me with a beautiful pumpkin that he found at a store in Chiquimula (never mind that he paid a small fortune for it). It just made my day!!! When I asked him why he bought it he said "I just knew you would want it". I did.

So here are the first shots of our kiddos with our pumpkin.  I plan to do a few more as time permits.
Busy Brothers
Don't let those sweet smiles fool you- those two are a MESS!

The small pumpkins are not real.  I brought them back from the States a few years ago.  The bear was a gift to Cruz on his first October trip to the States from his Mimi back in 2010. 

What a difference a year makes!  This was my sweet boys last October while home in the States.
 
 
Our sweet little Ben

last year and this year
He is becoming such a big boy!

Cruz- he is one of a kind (and those that know him well would say that's a good thing ha ha).

It makes my heart sad to realize just how fast he is growing up.  I can barely remember him being that small!  

I know it's just a pumpkin and I could live without it, but it's just a small reminder of home.  It makes me feel warm and happy when I look at it.  It makes me feel loved (because David bought it for me).  It makes me be able to keep a tradition (of taking photos).  It helps me to teach my boys about fall.  It makes me be able to bake a few treats (hopefully before we leave for the States).  It just makes me smile!

Happy Fall Y'all!  It's 90+ degrees here, but we're celebrating!!! and for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails