Friday, June 7, 2013

Cruz's 3 Year Check-Up

My mom and Mrs. Ann flew back to the States on the 28th of May.  David took them to the airport at 4:30 a.m. for their 6:00 a.m. flight.  Later that morning we headed to Dr. Figueroa's office for Cruz's 3 year check-up.  He was not very excited and kept asking us if the doctor was going to use a knife on him.  We assured him that there would be no knives involved in his visit.  Random, I know.

A little play time while we waited to see the doctor.

Here he is getting weighed and measured.  He weighs 30 pounds and is 37" tall.

I love the look on his face here.

Here he is showing me his "zebra stripes".  He had obviously drawn those back at the mission house before we left.  I'm just hoping his hands are the only place that has "stripes", ha ha.

baby brother taking it all in

This pretty much sums up life with Cruz- that boy is a M-E-S-S!  Also I was wearing make-up that day althought it surely does not look like it in this photo.  I was feeling just as tired as I looked.

say ahhhhh...

Two thumbs up for a great check-up!!! 
That boy has always been 'healthy as a horse' as we say back home.  We thank God for that.

Ben and I were both sick pretty much the whole time my mom visited.  We had cough, congestion, fever, sinus trouble, etc. and just felt yucky.  We had Dr. Figueroa check him out too while we were there. 

At one point Cruz crawled into the chair and held Ben's hand.  It was soo sweet!  Despite how rough and rowdy Cruz can be, he does have a sweet heart. 

We checked out and then drove back across town and ate lunch at Pizza Hut.  We had planned to get on the road right after their check-up but we forgot Cruz's school uniform at the mission house and had to go back and pick it up.  It seems like we forget something everywhere we go lately.  I blame it on lack of sleep/ rest and a very, very active 3 year old.

The boys love the playland at this particular Pizza Hut (Miraflores). 

They had a blast playing together while we waited on our meal.

We then loaded them in the car and headed out for the four hour drive back home.  Thankfully this is how they usually pass most of that trip.  I could just eat them up when they are sleeping.  It's the most peaceful sight ever! 
Here's my big boy snoozing in the car.  I cannot believe how much and how fast he has grown.  He completely exhausts me each and every day but he is my heart and soul.  I would not trade him for anything in this world.  He is one of a kind (and most people that know him well would say THANK YOU LORD. ha ha.)  God has big plans for him and we pray that he would grow to be all that God desires for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails