Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sharing In Spite Of The Stress

Sunday morning we headed up the mountain to the village of Lagunetas for Bible study.  We are thankful for the opportunity to share God's Word there with them.

David with a few of the regulars

David teaches the adults and youth in the house and I teach the kids outside.  Let me just say that it is HARD WORK trying to teach a Bible study with a 1 year old and an extremely active almost 3 year old!  All the other kids will sit down, listen, and participate, but my two act like it's the first time they've ever been out of the house.  Cruz runs around like a crazy person and I feel like I am constantly having to stop to correct him or check on him.  Ben normally naps in the mornings so he misses it when we do Bible study.  That means he gets really cranky because he just wants to be laid down, but there is no where to put him.  A few times he has fallen asleep on the way there and we just rolled down the windows and left him sleeping in his car seat.  This past Sunday I took Cruz's booster seat and tray and put Ben in it while I taught.  That helped some.  I am eager for him to start walking so that at least I can put him down and he not be crawling all over the nasty ground.  It's a constant challenge, and one that at times completely stresses me out.  This too shall pass.

Ben at Bible study.  There were chickens running around everywhere and it was driving him crazy that he could not get to them.  He is very interested in animals these days.

Most of the kids played soccer when we finished.

my little soccer boy

A few workers from the Ag Center in Honduras drove over to meet with the students after we finished.  We waited for them to arrive to visit with them a bit before we left.  I took the photo below of their vehicle as they drove up the mountain.  The picture was taken from the yard of the house where we meet.

You can see their vehicle in the center of the picture.  It looks so small.

This is an up close picture of their car.  You will notice my little wild child found his way on top and appears to have encouraged some company to join him, haha.  There is never, ever a dull moment with him around.   Ever.

We made plans to return in two weeks and do it all over again.  Excited?  You bet!  A little anxious about how I am going to balance it all?  Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails