Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl 2013

On Sunday afternoon we drove into Chiquimula to watch the Super Bowl with some other missionary friends.  They had a few of us over to hang out, eat, and watch the game.   We had a fun time!

Earlier that day I let Cruz help me make these cupcakes to take to the party.  They were carrot cakes.  We dyed green frosting to look like grass.  I printed off footballs from the internet, cut them out, taped them to toothpicks, and stuck them in the cupcakes.  They turned out cute and he loved getting to help me.

We picked up a few pizzas to take too.  We also had chicken nuggets and chips.

I'd say Cruz enjoyed the Cheetos!!!

Just for fun, here are a few photos I took of him eating a cupcake before we got ready to go.  He enjoyed himself!

 One of the other families has three small kids ages 1, 4, and 5.  Cruz loved getting to play with them.  We enjoyed the adult time while the kids played.
 
Daniel, Josh, David, Ben, and Daniel

Jessica, me, and Brandi

The two couples we were with are both from Alabama.  Oh my how nice it was to hang out with other Southern folks!  We did watch some of the game, but we spent most of our time just laughing and talking.  It was refreshing and felt a little like home getting to be around them.  We can't wait to get together again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails